The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

It gets hammered in to submission, and many wouldn't even recognise the milk is there in the resulting masala. Though having an inolerance, I'm not saying that would definitely be the case in your instance.

I don't know. The problem is if I have even a teaspoon I feel sick for about 2 hours afterwards. Its not life threatening or anything. I just feel sick in my stomach. Same with mayo and taramasalata. Its not the end of the world but it means if I cooking something for others with coconut milk I can't really taste test it (which I do repeatedly whenever I cook).

I could try cooking this dish to see - but....

Breakfast time!

Recipe - Breakfast Pizza

I've made this twice, but have never posted the recipe, so I'm remedying that now.

This is good. Seriously good. One of my favorites, and not just for breakfast. It's creamy and bacony and eggy and cheesy, so all the things to look for in a dish.

I should say, I was firmly in the "No cottage cheese shall ever pass these lips" category, but because I trust the fine folks at Cook's Country/Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen, I tried it, and I'm so glad I did. It made me a True Believer.

I did make my own dough instead of using a refrigerated one, that's the only deviation I made.

This would also make a fantastic brunch dish, or any meal, really. I can't stop typing things about it, I love it so much! Make this!

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

What's all this todo about coconut milk? I recently had coconut milk and coconut flakes on my shopping list and purchased same this last week. It's good stuff and I fully intend to use both in an egg recipe as well as another type of smoothie.

I have two cans of 100% natural unsweetened coconut milk and a bag of shredded coconut flakes for these endeavors.

full.jpg

What I did not want to do, is to husk a real coconut, pour out the coconut milk and somehow, clean up and shred out the coconut meat. I've done that before and it's a lot of work.

Breakfast time!

Recipe - Breakfast Pizza

I've made this twice, but have never posted the recipe, so I'm remedying that now.

This is good. Seriously good. One of my favorites, and not just for breakfast. It's creamy and bacony and eggy and cheesy, so all the things to look for in a dish.

I should say, I was firmly in the "No cottage cheese shall ever pass these lips" category, but because I trust the fine folks at Cook's Country/Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen, I tried it, and I'm so glad I did. It made me a True Believer.

I did make my own dough instead of using a refrigerated one, that's the only deviation I made.

This would also make a fantastic brunch dish, or any meal, really. I can't stop typing things about it, I love it so much! Make this!

Well, I can cross egg pizza off my list of possible dishes. :facepalm:No big deal. I was having difficulty thinking up a recipe. That had moved to my "back burner" list -- I hadn't purchased anything.

CD

Well, I can cross egg pizza off my list of possible dishes. :facepalm:No big deal. I was having difficulty thinking up a recipe. That had moved to my "back burner" list -- I hadn't purchased anything.

CD

It won't be the same as TastyReuben's entry so you can definitely 'untick' it. Hint - I like a tomato sauce on my egg pizzas.

Breakfast time!

Recipe - Breakfast Pizza

I love egg on pizza - so long as its a perfectly cooked runny egg. Oh yeah!

I don't know. The problem is if I have even a teaspoon I feel sick for about 2 hours afterwards. Its not life threatening or anything. I just feel sick in my stomach. Same with mayo and taramasalata. Its not the end of the world but it means if I cooking something for others with coconut milk I can't really taste test it (which I do repeatedly whenever I cook).

Sounds like it might be risky.

My alergy to raw bananas goes away if I cook the bananas in any way, such as banana bread or Bananas Foster. Raw bananas make my mouth itch and my tummy ache.

CD

Time for a condiment:

Recipe - Garlic-Basil Mayonnaise

I made this not long ago, but never posted the recipe, so now I've done that.

My main reason in posting this is to encourage people who've never made their own mayonnaise to do so, especially if they own a stick/immersion blender. It's so simple and tastes so much different/better compared to store-bought mayonnaise. You don't have to make this flavored one, but maybe use it as a nudge to get over your mayonnaise malaise. So few ingredients...just a few minutes of pulse-pulse-pulse with the blender, and...WHAM!...mayonnaise.

Believe me, I was on the not-too-fussed bus about making my own, probably because it looked so easy, I figured I'd get around to it sooner or later, no rush, but now I'm a rabid superfan of making your own. I have a jar of store-bought in the fridge and two more in the pantry (we eat a lot of "the white stuff" in our house), and once those are gone, I think I'm done buying it.

Also, I'll add that thinned out with a little milk or cream, this makes a delicious salad dressing as well. It's also a good dip.

What's all this todo about coconut milk? I recently had coconut milk and coconut flakes on my shopping list and purchased same this last week. It's good stuff and I fully intend to use both in an egg recipe as well as another type of smoothie.

I have two cans of 100% natural unsweetened coconut milk and a bag of shredded coconut flakes for these endeavors.

View attachment 69293

What I did not want to do, is to husk a real coconut, pour out the coconut milk and somehow, clean up and shred out the coconut meat. I've done that before and it's a lot of work.

This is not a recipe challenge entry, just a post regarding coconut milk and flakes.

I did a rum coconut smoothie this morning.

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom