The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

How about a main dish:

Recipe - One-Skillet Creamy Chickpeas And Eggs With Prosciutto

I remembered to take some pics along the way, with all my stuff gathered, and then sautéing some garlic and rosemary:

Of course, I forgot after that, so we go straight from the sautéing to the finished dish:

I didn't think this looked that nice at first, but MrsT saw the finished dish and the pic from the website I was following and commented, "Mmmmm...looks like the picture!" - so I suppose that's ok.

Anyway, we both really enjoyed this. Heavy/double cream is a a large part of the sauce, so of course, it's a very silky texture, and the smoky paprika makes it taste like it's been simmering away all day, although it's actually the quickest if weeknight meals. Hurrah!

Another MrsT quote: "Wow, prosciutto goes really well with chickpeas!"

This will go into regular rotation, I think. It's so easy, and I love how fast it comes together and how it's both rustic and elegant simultaneously.

I do have a recipe or two. I need to make a grocery run for ingredients.
My take on eggs is Nature's Perfect Food. LOVE eggs used any way. My personal philosophy Put an Egg On It.
I will put an egg on just about anything. Love an egg on a steak, egg on a sandwich, egg on a casserole, egg on a grilled red fish fillet. Last week I made a one pan dinner of onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and shrimp. I had left overs for lunch the next day and topped it with a poached egg. After watching many videos and practicing I think I make awesome scrambled eggs. I do prefer the larger curd of American scrambled eggs. I love being able to put beautiful, tender, just short of runny scrambled eggs on a plate. I have boiled eggs nailed. For years I could not make poached eggs. Then I learned the trick of using a few drops of vinegar.
I don't know why I am rambling. I just can't say enough about the beauty, delicacy, diversity and flavor of properly cooked eggs.
Speaking of proper cooking - as with many things, once I experience proper cooking I become very critical and intolerant.
WE have traveled together only twice in the last year and 1/2. G has the highest level of point in the Holiday Inn Properties Priority Club.
Breakfast is usually included. If it is a full breakfast menu I will order over easy eggs. Even the best over cook the scrambled eggs and omelets. If it is a buffet I will not eat eggs. Gross!
Ok, Enough on that.

I do have a recipe or two. I need to make a grocery run for ingredients.
My take on eggs is Nature's Perfect Food. LOVE eggs used any way. My personal philosophy Put an Egg On It.
I will put an egg on just about anything. Love an egg on a steak, egg on a sandwich, egg on a casserole, egg on a grilled red fish fillet. Last week I made a one pan dinner of onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and shrimp. I had left overs for lunch the next day and topped it with a poached egg. After watching many videos and practicing I think I make awesome scrambled eggs. I do prefer the larger curd of American scrambled eggs. I love being able to put beautiful, tender, just short of runny scrambled eggs on a plate. I have boiled eggs nailed. For years I could not make poached eggs. Then I learned the trick of using a few drops of vinegar.
I don't know why I am rambling. I just can't say enough about the beauty, delicacy, diversity and flavor of properly cooked eggs.
Speaking of proper cooking - as with many things, once I experience proper cooking I become very critical and intolerant.
WE have traveled together only twice in the last year and 1/2. G has the highest level of point in the Holiday Inn Properties Priority Club.
Breakfast is usually included. If it is a full breakfast menu I will order over easy eggs. Even the best over cook the scrambled eggs and omelets. If it is a buffet I will not eat eggs. Gross!
Ok, Enough on that.

Brought to you by...

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 10.34.45 PM.jpg

CD

I do prefer the larger curd of American scrambled eggs. I love being able to put beautiful, tender, just short of runny scrambled eggs on a plate.

So do I. They are not cooked any more than French scrambled eggs. It is more about how you stir them, IMO. You get those nice, delicate ribbons. Cooked in butter, of course.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom