The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

As long as I don't have to eat it, it can be pecan pie.
My dearly departed aunt (my mother's baby sister) made the best pecan pies. I don't like most of them because they are so sweet they make my teeth hurt, but she ground the pecans into the filling (also put some across the top) and it really balanced out all that sweetness. Most people just use the eggs and karo syrup/sugar for the filling and then put the nuts across the top.

At any rate, here's a recipe I don't think anyone has expected:

poached-unlaid-chicken-egg-yolk-eyerlekh-chicken-soup

soup-served-overhead.jpg

The yolks are light and delicious, and at four minutes of poaching, they’ve gone solid but creamy. Some sources say they taste sweeter than laid yolks, but I didn’t do a taste comparison.

Friday 5PM...Cocktail Time!

Recipe - New York Sour

Oh, this is a delight, as delicious as it is beautiful! If you've had a whiskey sour, then this is a whiskey sour's more sophisticated sibling. I used a cabernet for the red wine topper, and it's just a wonderful little drink, nice and velvety on the tongue.

MrsT's comment after finishing: "That was so good, I want to suck the ice!"

Quiche, anyone?

Recipe - Tomato Quiche

Some shots of the assemblage:

Cheese, tomato, more cheese, egg and cream...yum!

The finished dish:

I like this a lot because the pie crust, tomato, and cheese is slightly reminiscent of pizza, and the egg, tomato, and cheese echos my favorite filled omelette, so it's a winner no matter what.

I also gave some to my neighbor and she loved it as well.

CD get over yourself. If you have a lovely quiche recipe post it. Your recipe will be uniquely yours.
I understand your cooking funk. I have been there for a while.
Buck up and get cooking. :cook: :hug:

There are 13 days left. I'll see what I feel like. Besides the cooking funk, I am trying to get my parents moved into their new Senior Living home. They want to close on the new place on September 7, so there is a lot to get done in a short time.

BTW, you should know by now that I don't have a recipe. I have an idea. I've made quiche before, so at least I have that to go on.

I need to get my primary idea done first (before TR does it :wink: ).

CD

Quiche, anyone?

Recipe - Tomato Quiche

Some shots of the assemblage:View attachment 69696
View attachment 69697

View attachment 69698

Cheese, tomato, more cheese, egg and cream...yum!

The finished dish:

I like this a lot because the pie crust, tomato, and cheese is slightly reminiscent of pizza, and the egg, tomato, and cheese echos my favorite filled omelette, so it's a winner no matter what.

I also gave some to my neighbor and she loved it as well.
I think my ass just expanded by reading and looking at that.

Back
Top Bottom