The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

OK - I love eggs, but here´s my absolute favourite. - a creamy egg curry:
Soak about a dozen almonds ( or cashews) in hot water. Meanwhile, chop a small onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 inch ginger and 3 green chiles. Fry the onion gently in ghee until it softens. Then add the ginger, garlic and chiles, and let them fry for about 30 seconds. Add the almonds/cashews and blitz to a paste. Add a little water if required.
While you´re doing all this, boil your eggs; two per person. Remove, shell and set aside.
Add another tbsp of ghee to the pan and gently fry 6 cardamoms, a couple of bay leaves and a tsp of black cumin for 30 seconds. Now add 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsps coriander powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp cloves, stir about 30 seconds, then add the onion purée. Mix together then stir in 4 tbsps tomato paste,3-4 tbsps greek yoghurt, and 3-4 tbsps cream. Add a cup of water to thin and season with salt. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Cut the eggs in half and place in the sauce. Add a few batons of red pepper if desired. Sprinkle with garam masala and fresh coriander leaf.

View attachment 69874

It sounds lovely - but it needs posting as a separate recipe thread (formatted correctly) - all recipes must be posted as new threads and never in the middle of other threads. This is to make sure they are 'searchable'. If you want to enter this into the current challenge then simply tag the new recipe thread cookingbites recipe challenge then place a link back here. I can do this for you (this once) if you can confirm you intend this as an entry or if you can, you can do it yourself. I'm saying this because new members have limited permission to edit posts and I'm not sure if you can at the moment.

Guidelines on formatting recipes are here: Terms and rules See guideline 21.

Last edited:
23 entries so far and 10 days to go! Excellent stuff. Please note that if I haven't commented on your recipe it means I haven't read it properly yet and not that I don't like it! I attempt to comment on all entries in the respective recipe threads.

It sounds lovely - but it needs posting as a separate recipe thread (formatted correctly) - all recipes must new posted as new threads and never in the middle of other threads. This is to make sure they are 'searchable'. If you want to enter this into the current challenge then simply tag the new recipe thread cookingbites recipe challenge then place a link back here. I can do this for you (this once) if you can confirm you intend this as an entry or if you can, you can do it yourself. I'm saying this because new members have limited permission to edit posts and I'm not sure if you can at the moment.

Guidelines on formatting recipes are here: Terms and rules See guideline 21.
Thank you - please do and I´ll take a good look at the terms and rules.

Thank you - please do and I´ll take a good look at the terms and rules.

OK. :okay: Do you want the recipe title to be 'Creamy egg curry'? I will call it that but it can be changed later. I'll get onto this in a while. Its going to take a bit of 'untangling' as the ingredients and method are mixed up together. It can always be edited later if you want.

Thyme cheese
juu_c.jpg

Recipe - Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde and Mexican Chorizo

This is a traditional Mexican dish that some people have nicknamed "breakfast nachos." You can take a lot of liberties with it. The base is chips and salsa, but then you can play with it. It can be salsa verde or salsa roja -- I prefer salsa verde with this dish. You can use different meats and cheeses, too. I used Mexican chorizo* and Cotija cheese this time.

Chilaquiles001.jpg

* Mexican chorizo and Spanish chorizo are not the same thing, but Spanish chorizo would certainly work.

CD

Last edited:
Cheers!

Recipe - Flower Power Cocktail

Pineapple juice, rum, a couple of other things, with a velour of foamy egg white on top...what's not to love, especially when it's 90F degrees outside? This is fruity and summery and bright as the sun. It's Summer in a glass!

That said, excuse the poor photos...Summer storm rolling through, making the kitchen a little dark.

I need one of those.

7 days left. What can I squeeze in?

Tomorrow:
- Eggs Californian
- Lox Salad Tobiko

Friday:
- Kumamoto Oysters Tobiko

Saturday:
- Sun Dried Tomato Anahiem Pepper Potato Egg Bake

Sunday:
- Egg Sushi
-- Egg Nigiri
-- Egg and Bacon California Rolls (with Tobiko)
-- Egg and Bacon Teka Maki

Monday:
- Shashuka (undecided on type and content)

Tuesday:
- Played out. It's back to Jimmy Dean.

Back
Top Bottom