The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

Breakfast Calzone

full.jpg

Has anybody ever made Minneapolis' "Holidazzle Eggs?"

Are the edible - or are they just hollow decorated eggs?

I'm kind of curious why when I do a search, I don't find any examples of anybody ever using an egg wash on baked goods.

An egg wash is used to give crusts and baked good surfaces a sort of 'shine'.

For an egg wash, do members typically set aside some egg white, egg yolk or whole egg? Do you use a whole new egg or just skim off some egg from the egg(s) you may be using in a recipe?

If whole new eggs are used, that seems to me to be more added to the egg budget.

For an egg wash, do members typically set aside some egg white, egg yolk or whole egg? Do you use a whole new egg or just skim off some egg from the egg(s) you may be using in a recipe?

If whole new eggs are used, that seems to me to be more added to the egg budget.
Unless a recipe says differently, I just use a whole egg. Sometimes I thin it with milk, sometimes water, sometimes I add a little salt, sometimes not.

Today it was a whole egg, a little water, no salt.

I just use one whole egg, thoroughly scrambled. If you don't want to waste eggs, use two or three eggs, put the extra scrambled eggs in a container in the fridge, and make some scrambled eggs for breakfast the next morning.

CD

I pay about $1-$1.25 for a dozen eggs, so not exactly a budget breaker.

Back
Top Bottom