The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

I just got my tobiko orange flying fish roe.

full.jpg

1.1 lbs. or 17.6 Oz.

That's a lot of eggs.

Day drinking? Not judging, lol. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

The amount of rum in the smoothie is enough to flavor it, not to knock me in the slats. :smug:

Of course, if I were the type who thought it would put me in good with the belly up to bar boys and girls, I might have flooded the smoothie with rum and shared a cute story about how I came back from the john and sat in my own barf that was all over the stool that was next to the one I had been sitting on. Ha Ha, Ho, Ho, Hee Hee. As it is, out of the 750ml bottle of Rum that I originally bought, I have used it in hot rum buttered coffee, rum buttered alligator fillets, this smoothie and a couple other things that I don't recall right now, -- and still have about a bit less than 700ml left.

There are some alcoholic liquors I think are good for cooking. They include the wines, rum, amaretto, cognacs and some types of brandy. Wine and beer are ok as stand alone beverages, sometimes, with meals.

Time for a condiment:

Recipe - Garlic-Basil Mayonnaise

I made this not long ago, but never posted the recipe, so now I've done that.

My main reason in posting this is to encourage people who've never made their own mayonnaise to do so, especially if they own a stick/immersion blender. It's so simple and tastes so much different/better compared to store-bought mayonnaise. You don't have to make this flavored one, but maybe use it as a nudge to get over your mayonnaise malaise. So few ingredients...just a few minutes of pulse-pulse-pulse with the blender, and...WHAM!...mayonnaise.

Believe me, I was on the not-too-fussed bus about making my own, probably because it looked so easy, I figured I'd get around to it sooner or later, no rush, but now I'm a rabid superfan of making your own. I have a jar of store-bought in the fridge and two more in the pantry (we eat a lot of "the white stuff" in our house), and once those are gone, I think I'm done buying it.

Also, I'll add that thinned out with a little milk or cream, this makes a delicious salad dressing as well. It's also a good dip.

It looks like a cute little potted basil bird coming up from the mayosoil. I would slather that on a sandwich for sure.

Last edited:
Hey, I get the same way when I drink rum, LOL.

Actually, there was only one other thing I used that new bottle of rum for, another smoothie, - honey rum smoothie. What I couldn't remember is whether there was something more than that.

But, to make you happy, I'll have a rum and coke in the next couple weeks, perhaps sooner. I'm not in any big hurry to have more rum in anything, at this time.

My, my, what do I do with the three egg yolks left over from the previous two recipes which used only egg whites?

I have to come up with something, no later than tomorrow.

Hollandaise?

Well, that's a later recipe, a week or more distant. I'm still unresolved about how I will go with a Hollandaise sauce. It will be something I will call Eggs Californian.

I have figured on something to do with the three egg yolks for tomorrow, though. It won't be particularly spectacular, but will allow them to go to good use.

Well, that's a later recipe, a week or more distant. I'm still unresolved about how I will go with a Hollandaise sauce. It will be something I will call Eggs Californian.

I have figured on something to do with the three egg yolks for tomorrow, though. It won't be particularly spectacular, but will allow them to go to good use.
I wish it was pecan pie.

Back
Top Bottom