The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Honey

Recipe - Light Sweet Black Rice – A Sicilian-Inspired Dessert

Sweet-Venus-black-rice.jpg

Honey recipe challenge entry.

20190919_114616.jpg

An amazing aroma in my home right now! I'm cooking my marinade for shredded chicken sliders. I froze the liquid from making mustard earlier this year. Water, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, thyme, turmeric, and sage. I added all this to tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, marjoram, a little more raw honey, 7 habanero peppers, a little Himalayan salt, and finally a ½ cup water. All this is cooking, reducing down. I'll then puree it. The chicken marinate overnight in the refrigerator. It will cook while I make fresh rolls for the sliders, tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honey recipe challenge entry.

View attachment 32308

An amazing aroma in my home right now! I'm cooking my marinade for shredded chicken sliders. I froze the liquid from making mustard earlier this year. Water, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, thyme, turmeric, and sage. I added all this to tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, marjoram, a little more raw honey, 7 habanero peppers, a little Himalayan salt, and finally a ½ cup water. All this is cooking, reducing down. I'll then puree it. The chicken marinate overnight in the refrigerator. It will cook while I make fresh rolls for the sliders, tomorrow.

This sounds absolutely delicious. I look forward to seeing photos of the finished dish. And you also made your own mustard?

And I just noticed the 7 whole habaneros. They are a favourite of mine along with Scotch Bonnets which are very similar.
Thank you. I'm making it up, getting creative. Yes, I make my own mustard. I never throw away the leftover liquid. It's prefect for marinades. I'll post a picture tomorrow. We like a little heat to our meat. Fingers crossed everything blends well...

Here's my spicy chicken sliders. The marinade has raw honey in it. This marinade also had 7 habanero peppers in it. The chicken has a spicy kick, yet not overly powerful. I made fresh buttermilk rolls for the sliders.

Recipe is in meats HONEY HABANERO MARINADE
20190920_141202.jpg

Meat and Poultry

My girls loved the spicy chicken! I will definitely be making it again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom