The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Honey

Recipe - Light Sweet Black Rice – A Sicilian-Inspired Dessert

Sweet-Venus-black-rice.jpg

Honey recipe challenge entry.

20190919_114616.jpg

An amazing aroma in my home right now! I'm cooking my marinade for shredded chicken sliders. I froze the liquid from making mustard earlier this year. Water, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, thyme, turmeric, and sage. I added all this to tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, marjoram, a little more raw honey, 7 habanero peppers, a little Himalayan salt, and finally a ½ cup water. All this is cooking, reducing down. I'll then puree it. The chicken marinate overnight in the refrigerator. It will cook while I make fresh rolls for the sliders, tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honey recipe challenge entry.

View attachment 32308

An amazing aroma in my home right now! I'm cooking my marinade for shredded chicken sliders. I froze the liquid from making mustard earlier this year. Water, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, thyme, turmeric, and sage. I added all this to tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, marjoram, a little more raw honey, 7 habanero peppers, a little Himalayan salt, and finally a ½ cup water. All this is cooking, reducing down. I'll then puree it. The chicken marinate overnight in the refrigerator. It will cook while I make fresh rolls for the sliders, tomorrow.

This sounds absolutely delicious. I look forward to seeing photos of the finished dish. And you also made your own mustard?

And I just noticed the 7 whole habaneros. They are a favourite of mine along with Scotch Bonnets which are very similar.
Thank you. I'm making it up, getting creative. Yes, I make my own mustard. I never throw away the leftover liquid. It's prefect for marinades. I'll post a picture tomorrow. We like a little heat to our meat. Fingers crossed everything blends well...

I love that!

Just to remind you that you also need to post the recipe as a new thread, tag it & link it back to this thread. You can always PM me if you aren't sure how to do that.

Will do. Yes, I'll need to know how to do that. Thank you. I'll send you a message.

Here's my spicy chicken sliders. The marinade has raw honey in it. This marinade also had 7 habanero peppers in it. The chicken has a spicy kick, yet not overly powerful. I made fresh buttermilk rolls for the sliders.

Recipe is in meats HONEY HABANERO MARINADE
20190920_141202.jpg

Meat and Poultry

My girls loved the spicy chicken! I will definitely be making it again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom