The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Legumes in the pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this recipe, I used up all my remaining snow peas and lamb meat.

Lamb Concordant

full.jpg

Whilst I actually like snow peas, I hadn't come across them until I came to Australia. Since then I've struggled to include them in anything I can actually eat. I do have several recipes now, but still not being able to stand at all, I can't event contemplate cooking because my kitchen simply isn't set you for wheelchair use. My life is such at present that if I can't get it out of the fridge, i can't eat or drink when my husband isn't home. He makes up 2 x 1.5L containers of water and squash (one of each) each day so I can actually help myself to liquid! I can't reach the taps or kettle or much else for that matter. So I'm really sorry for not being able to cook anything right now.

I may have an entry I can write up on Friday though I don't know if I have any photos and I may have already written it up tbh. I'll look. It's the best I can do (still rebuilding my phone after a major system crash yesterday and have physio in the morning. )

Whilst I actually like snow peas, I hadn't come across them until I came to Australia. Since then I've struggled to include them in anything I can actually eat. I do have several recipes now, but still not being able to stand at all, I can't event contemplate cooking because my kitchen simply isn't set you for wheelchair use. My life is such at present that if I can't get it out of the fridge, i can't eat or drink when my husband isn't home. He makes up 2 x 1.5L containers of water and squash (one of each) each day so I can actually help myself to liquid! I can't reach the taps or kettle or much else for that matter. So I'm really sorry for not being able to cook anything right now.

I may have an entry I can write up on Friday though I don't know if I have any photos and I may have already written it up tbh. I'll look. It's the best I can do (still rebuilding my phone after a major system crash yesterday and have physio in the morning. )

Sorry to hear of your ongoing situation which can't be much fun. Hopefully things improve for you. I hope you are getting the support you need (obviously you are from your husband) but outside of that as well. And not just physically, but during tough times it's also important to look after one's mental health and never be hesitant to seek support in that area as well when needed.

I'll say one thing - you've got a helluva lotta resolve. I admire that!

Stay with it, better days ahead!

It is nice to hear from you. That too shall pass. You are strong. Stronger than you think possibly. But as said, it is ok not to be ok and to ask for support...

It was lovely to read about your garden.

flyinglentris it's crazy, I like snow peas and the other légumes, but somehow I can't find something to cook with them. They're served in all kinds of ways, as side dish, starter, in a salad but mostly just as a subtle element of the dish, making it perfect.
It's not a bad ingredient, for me they're not even expensive, well the string beans, and in spring they fit perfectly in every form of diet. I'm sorry for my lack of creative ideas for légumes in the pod and my low income or inexperience is not an excuse to not enter more.
Stay healthy

Actually no, it's not crazy. In past challenges, Hemulen and I have turned in the most recipes, accounting for almost 30 between us. I would think that about 4 to 8 more recipes from other members would be about normal.

Hemulen has been taken out of this challenge by her own choice to attend to student demands and I am out of it due to my being the judge. There have also been a few people who have not participated because of medical reasons aggravated by snow peas and other pod peas.

Yes, I'd say things are about normal, but a little less than.

Did you take my advice and boot your hubby up the jaxie.?

Russ

Did you take my advice and boot your hubby up the jaxie.?

Russ
I have managed to pester (read nag) him into actually getting my vehicle a rego check done. Last time he was in charge of it, he forgot. 11½ months later, thinking I still had another 2 weeks left before it was due, I was pulled over by a policeman who was stunned that I had managed to go 11½ months without being stopped ... I just a little bit angry in the saying not a thing about it approach with hubby. Luckily no demerit points because I'm still on a UK driving licence (something I need to address once I have my new UK passport) but I did end up with a hefty fine ~$1500 AUD. Given I fight have so much as a parking ticket to my name until that point (in any country), I was less than impressed.

She goes on tomorrow morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom