The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

Yet again we had some behind the scenes events that got this presentation off to a late start. Please accept my apologies and let me begin by saying it was an honour to be the Judge of this leg of the Challenge. After much deliberation I have made a decision as to who will judge us going forward. I had hoped to create history with the 'voter turn out (participation) but that was not to be. I will continue to canvass for more support for the Challenge.

With no intention of boring you further the winner of the round is @morning glory with this creative Smoked Salmon with Pickled Cabbage and Kale Seaweed......One minute.... I think I made a mistake here ...In fact we have a tie. @classic33 with his Red Cabbage Blueberry Smoothie also deserves in my not so humble opinion to sit in the winner's circle yet again, this time alongside @morning glory.(I take full responsibility for the mistake with the winners:D)
So there you have it. A history making finals where we have two winners Morning Glory and Classic33. I think these two combined will create even greater history and garner much more support for this thread.
It gives me great pleasure to present this here award to

@morning glory and @classic33.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbjfNDqx30LnM8hpF-QfB89WjPbKXYx8p49amcSdkiJdC3pp0a.jpg
Music starts to play.

Thank you @winterybella. I'm honoured to share the crown with such an illustrious member. I trust that you have tried the Red Cabbage Blueberry Smoothie. :D
You do realise though, @winterybella, that this may mean (judging by the number of participants in the last round) it could halve the number of entries! And yes @classic33, I know we can put our own recipes in but...

Anyway, I suppose we will all have to canvas and campaign for the Challenge and try to choose an ingredient which will appeal to a wide membership.

P.S. Do you think we should wait for @SatNavSaysStraightOn to confirm the decision before proceeding?

I was wondering about whether we would have to wait for @SatNavSaysStraightOn. I thought long about the dual crown and knew I might 'technically' be pulling the chief contributors out but in the end I am optimistic about the double crown bringing more people out. It becomes a recycling of names as long there are no additional contributors. With the right ingredient I am sure you two can knock the others out of their parked positions. @SatNavSaysStraightOn had some issues as I remember so we will wait and see what happens tomorrow including if she will overrule my decision, she being the chief Judge. I hope not as last time I heard, the Judge's decision is final.:happy:

After a bit of deliberation, @classic33 and I have settled on mushrooms as the next ingredient for the recipe challenge. Any kind of mushrooms fresh or dried are included. The deadline is midday 12th February GMT.

Portobello Mushroom Pizza
149180.jpg
Are you posting this up as a recipe entry @L_B ? I do hope so. It looks delicious! You just need to post it as a new thread under the Vegetables and Mushrooms category (with ingredients and method) and use the Recipe prefix (its a drop down box which will appear when you click on 'post new thread'. :D Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!

Are you posting this up as a recipe entry @L_B ? I do hope so. It looks delicious! You just need to post it as a new thread under the Vegetables and Mushrooms category (with ingredients and method) and use the Recipe prefix (its a drop down box which will appear when you click on 'post new thread'. :D Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!
I think it's just the hyperlink that is missing. Though I haven't checked the time stamps.

www.cookingbites.com/threads/portobello-mushroom-pizza.6758/

All I know is that the photo had my mouth watering. I've only had mushrooms on pizza and this one right here is right down my alley.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom