The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

Last edited:
Mushroom, Lemon and Lentil Salad
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deliciouseveryday.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F3d9342f2ff2a311f308a1c7dfa1a4ac2.png

Hi, I am new to the forum, can I take part as well? Make a mushroom recipe and post the picture with the recipe? I read the rules, just wanted to ask if I'm eligible! Thanks!

Of course you are eligible! Its easy. It doesn't actually have to be your own recipe - you can cut and paste a recipe from a website, so long as you credit it. But all the better if its your own recipe! Mushrooms... I know there are some interesting Indian mushroom recipes. :happy: Please do take part. The more the merrier.

I can now announce the winner of the Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge. Both @Classic and I as joint judges independently voted Portobello Mushroom Pizza from @L_B, in 1st place. :woot::woot::woot:

My reason for choosing this recipe was that it was very straightforward and something that almost everyone could cook - and of course, totally delicious. Plus, it could easily be adapted for vegetarians.

2nd and 3rd places were tied as we had the same number of votes for two recipes: Recipe Mushroom and Egg Casserole from @Caribbean girl and
Recipe Kadai Mushroom from @swalia. The casserole recipe was clearly popular with a number of members and was an attractive dish. The Kadai Mushroom was a dish I tried out, and delicious it was!

We had a bumper number of entries this time round and it was very difficult to reach a decision. Honourable mentions also go to:
@valedevento for Recipe Vol au vent
@winterybella for Recipe Sautéed Spinach, mushrooms, and caramelized onions

Please feel free to add some honourable mentions, if you wish @classic33!

Thank you everyone who entered, especially newcomers. I think some of you didn't understand how to link the recipe back to this thread - but we have been lenient! Its all good fun.

So its over to you @L_B, to choose the next ingredient and to set a deadline. The two week period seemed to work quite well.

Last edited:
I have to say that @L_B's Portobello Mushroom Pizza was immediately a winner with me . Pizza is probably the only way I have had mushrooms that I can vividly remember so that instantly grabbed me. I have to say even though I still have not put my hands on any mushrooms (maybe because of my transportation issues) I look forward to trying some of the other dishes when I do find some mushrooms.
Thumbs_21.gif
to the winner, all who participated and those would might have watched from the sidelines. I can't wait to see what the next ingredient will be.

wow!! Awesome! I am so excited! I Thank you!!! I actually made some over the weekend. They were great. I can't wait to try so many of the other recipes that rest of you have posted. Loving mushrooms the way I do this was one of my favorite challenges! I am one happy girl to have so many great recipes to try out. Looking forward to seeing what the next one will be!! Again Thank you!!

wow!! Awesome! I am so excited! I Thank you!!! I actually made some over the weekend. They were great. I can't wait to try so many of the other recipes that rest of you have posted. Loving mushrooms the way I do this was one of my favorite challenges! I am one happy girl to have so many great recipes to try out. Looking forward to seeing what the next one will be!! Again Thank you!!
The next ingredient is up to you to choose and you are now the judge!!!!:D

Let us know when you have chosen the next ingredient. You also need to decide on a timescale 10-14 days seems to work well, and set a time of day for the competition to end when you are available to choose the next winner. It is all in your hands now, but you can always pm me if you need help.

Back
Top Bottom