The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations karadekoolaid!

Its now over to you to choose the next ingredient and become judge for the next round. As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread or if in doubt PM me or another moderator for advice.

Congratulations, karadekoolaid! :bravo:
pecan.gif

Right! I´ve thought long and hard about this one. (Well, maybe not so long. Or hard:D:D)
Tomatoes is the next challenge.
You can call them to-may-toes, you can call them to-maah-toes, or you can call them toms.
I´ll give you a clue as to what I´m looking for, because I´ve got dozens of recipes I use them for; I´d like to see the tomatoes as the centrepiece of the dish, if possible.
So let´s rock and roll !!

Right! I´ve thought long and hard about this one. (Well, maybe not so long. Or hard:D:D)
You can call them to-may-toes, you can call them to-maah-toes, or you can call them toms.
I´ll give you a clue as to what I´m looking for, because I´ve got dozens of recipes I use them for; I´d like to see the tomatoes as the centrepiece of the dish, if possible.
can you clarify please?

fresh tomatoes, tinned toms, pureed, concentrate, ketchup? anything with tornadoes in it such as tomato pesto?

thanks

Stuffed tomatoes, tomatoes and cottage cheese, salsas and corn chips, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, roasted tomatoes, chakshuka, etc., etc.

You might see a lot of pasta sauces with this challenge!

can you clarify please?
Tomatoes, pure and simple. Any form of tomato you wish: fresh, frozen, canned, puréed, sundried, oven dried, whatever. And if someone can come up with an ingenious recipe for ketchup, then bring it on. Like I said earlier, I´m looking for tomatoes (in any form) to be the star.

Stuffed tomatoes, tomatoes and cottage cheese, salsas and corn chips, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, roasted tomatoes, chakshuka, etc., etc.
Pretty sure that bacon is the star in a BLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom