The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies to all. I did not intend to offend. I found the comments a bit snarky. I am sorry for misinterpreting.
Mea Culpa
Everyone has a different sense of humour, ranging from wickedly sarcastic to mildly amusing.
No big deal - and I´m sure the Mods would have jumped in if it had got out of hand.

If there is a sarcasm gene, I got it (it skipped over my father).

CD
You have a very dry sense of sarcasm, which I appreciate greatly. I'm guessing...your mom? I bet she's pretty bold. Didn't you say she's a Jersey gal (as in New Jersey, USA, folks).

You have a very dry sense of sarcasm, which I appreciate greatly. I'm guessing...your mom? I bet she's pretty bold. Didn't you say she's a Jersey gal (as in New Jersey, USA, folks).

I got it through her, not from her. Her father was a serious smarta$$.

CD

Okay, folks. I’m finally ready to announce a winner. But, before that, you should know what my process is as a judge. Aside from checking out all the recipes, I have to admit that I pick by using a combination of ingenuity, execution, and practicality. I don’t always realize it, but that last item might be the most important: if you can take humble ingredients and turn them into something great, then you are doing what we all strive to do on this forum.

This doesn’t mean that no one else did this. Not by a long shot. One thing I loved about the response to this challenge is how simple a lot of the recipes were. Simple is a good thing, even when time isn’t limited: it means the recipe is more likely to be made.

I am definitely bookmarking this thread when I start to make dishes for the holidays. Thank you all for making things easy for party season, even if the judging was difficult. One of the first recipes I make will be this one…the winning recipe:

Salted Caramel Pecan and Chocolate Pie by karadekoolaid. I’m going to gain some weight this year because of this recipe, but it’s totally worth it.

Okay, folks. I’m finally ready to announce a winner. But, before that, you should know what my process is as a judge. Aside from checking out all the recipes, I have to admit that I pick by using a combination of ingenuity, execution, and practicality. I don’t always realize it, but that last item might be the most important: if you can take humble ingredients and turn them into something great, then you are doing what we all strive to do on this forum.

Hey, my dad is an engineer, so I know a little about how your brains work. I'm an artist, I don't think my dad has figured me out at all. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom