The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti

Usually, when I have or make biscotti, I opt for something a little lighter. These are dark and rich and substantial. They make you feel like you're pampering yourself a little.

I'll admit...I left them maybe 1 solitary minute too long in the oven, but I'm finding I like the slightly burnt edge - adds another little layer of bitterness in it that's not unwelcome at all.

BTW, leaving something in the oven like that, my mom has a quirky little saying. When that happens, she says, "I shouldn't have followed the cooking time in the recipe, I should have listened with my nose." :laugh:

Recipe - Stuffed Cuttlefish with Cavolo Nero and Pine Nuts

Okay, so no sesame seeds...I typically don't eat those by the handfuls. I don't do that with pine nuts, either, but I adore cooking with both of them. And macadamia nuts are something else I don't eat by themselves...hmm.

I was just eating a handful of cashews and thinking how great they taste as a stand-alone snack. I have cooked with them (and pistachios) but generally just snack on them as is.

Sesame seeds are allowed.

I guess there's no reason why anyone should make further entries in the challenge. It's already been decided.

Its not up to me at all (thankfully!). And I expect I will come up with some recipes to enter.

So my upcoming peanut butter sandwich doesn't stand a chance?

Depends on how you bring together the subtlety and complexity of flavours and textures, plus (of course) a surprising twist. :laugh:

Its not up to me at all (thankfully!). And I expect I will come up with some recipes to enter.

Depends on how you bring together the subtlety and complexity of flavours and textures, plus (of course) a surprising twist. :laugh:
I shall use meringue slabs for the bread slices, but not from chicken eggs, oh no, but from the Madagascar pochard, the world's rarest bird... :laugh:

I shall use meringue slabs for the bread slices, but not from chicken eggs, oh no, but from the Madagascar pochard, the world's rarest bird... :laugh:
..and peanuts sourced from a remote volcanic place in Africa which adds a smoky flavour to the peanuts? Yes, yes, bring it on!:bravo::bravo:

I have plans... in fact I may already have made 2 recipes (for this challenge) but I'm now utterly exhausted because I've actually made 3 things today and that's a little too much this soon after my op.
I'll have to write them up tomorrow.
(i've also got another planned for tomorrow or Friday ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom