The CookingBites recipe challenge: poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recipe I am trying to enter is "Cranberry Braised Turkey Thighs with Root Vegetables". I have to visit my Browser Console, whatever that is. I even removed the photos to see if that was the problem. I dropped the word "thighs" from the title, in case something doesn't like that word.

What happens when you try to post this recipe? I note you have successfully posted another recipe Recipe Rotkohl: German Red Cabbage. Best thing is to report this in Site Support. My only thought is that if you are trying to copy this recipe over from your website, the code is somehow corrupting. Try posting it as plain text.

flyinglentris
I love Piccata anything - chicken, fish, shrimp and, my favorite, soft shell crab. My sauce recipe is a little different but the basics are the same - butter, lemon and capers.
Duck breast with a mini duck meat pie. A very expensive birthday dinner, but I’m worth it! :laugh:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY The Late Night Gourmet !!!!!
🎂
I am looking forward to the recipes.
medtran49
I have not purchased a chicken with giblets in I do not know how long. That used to be common - heart, liver, gizzards and neck were tucked into the chicken. Most local markets and some of the chain supermarkets sell liver in pint containers.
The Late Night Gourmet - I LOVE chicken liver pate. My recipe is different. The livers are prepared differently. It is chilled in a soufflé pan, turned out and the sides are crusted with pecans and the top garnished with mission figs or fig preserves.

The recipe I am trying to enter is "Cranberry Braised Turkey Thighs with Root Vegetables". I have to visit my Browser Console, whatever that is. I even removed the photos to see if that was the problem. I dropped the word "thighs" from the title, in case something doesn't like that word.
Too bad about the technical issues because I like every single word in that recipe name.

It's a-cookin'...

...and a nice little byproduct:

What happens when you try to post this recipe? I note you have successfully posted another recipe Recipe Rotkohl: German Red Cabbage. Best thing is to report this in Site Support. My only thought is that if you are trying to copy this recipe over from your website, the code is somehow corrupting. Try posting it as plain text.

Tried turning it into plain text. It still won't post. I'm losing much interest in cooking the additional recipes for this challenge if I can't resolve this soon.

(I basically did post the cabbage recipe because I was wondering if everything was going to do the same thing to me.)

Tried turning it into plain text. It still won't post. I'm losing much interest in cooking the additional recipes for this challenge if I can't resolve this soon.

(I basically did post the cabbage recipe because I was wondering if everything was going to do the same thing to me.)

Try PM ing the text to me. Just a thought.... see if that throws up the error message. If you can send it to me I can perhaps work out why it won't post.

Try PM ing the text to me. Just a thought.... see if that throws up the error message. If you can send it to me I can perhaps work out why it won't post.

I was thinking the same thing. PM the recipe to MG or TR, and see if they can post it. Then, maybe you can edit it to add a photo.

CD

I made this dish several times, but the best presentation was for the Caracas Country Club. I´ve got a friend who´s the president of the charitable organization connected to the club, which helps to provide support for the employees. she said: " why don´t you do an Indian Gala Dinner for the club - with the help of the Kitchen staff?"
I said: " Yeah, why not! I love a challenge! But let´s keep it to 100 people, because I´ve never cooked for more than 80 before."
Fine - agreed.
When I arrived at the kitchen on the Tuesday morning ( dinner on Thursday), she presented me to the staff, the GM, etc. When I met the administrator, the lady said " Wow! You´re really popular! We´ve already got 170 people paid up and ready to go!"
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I had to re-calculate all the recipes and work like a dawg to get the menu ready on time - but we did it. We served a total of 13 different dishes in less than 2 hrs - thanks to the Kitchen Brigade and the Head Chef. Reckon I lost about 2 kgs over the three days, but they loved it - everything. Chicken Rizzala ( Green Chicken Korma)

Here's the finished dish, started a few posts up:

Recipe - Chicken Jardiniere

This has a wonderful, simple flavor (the wine is subtle, but there), and somehow light for such a heavy-looking dish. It's a bonus that it's also no fuss to put together, and is actually...kind of fun, probably because it's so straightforward.

This is perfect for Autumn, that little bridge between the last hot breath of summer before the cold shoulder of Winter.

When I arrived at the kitchen on the Tuesday morning ( dinner on Thursday), she presented me to the staff, the GM, etc. When I met the administrator, the lady said " Wow! You´re really popular! We´ve already got 170 people paid up and ready to go!"
Kudo's! I would have had a full blown panic attack!

I made this dish several times, but the best presentation was for the Caracas Country Club. I´ve got a friend who´s the president of the charitable organization connected to the club, which helps to provide support for the employees. she said: " why don´t you do an Indian Gala Dinner for the club - with the help of the Kitchen staff?"
I said: " Yeah, why not! I love a challenge! But let´s keep it to 100 people, because I´ve never cooked for more than 80 before."
Fine - agreed.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I had to re-calculate all the recipes and work like a dawg to get the menu ready on time - but we did it. We served a total of 13 different dishes in less than 2 hrs - thanks to the Kitchen Brigade and the Head Chef. Reckon I lost about 2 kgs over the three days, but they loved it - everything. Chicken Rizzala ( Green Chicken Korma)
View attachment 72856
That looks absolutely stunning, I’ve stolen to make later, thanks

Russ

Kudo's! I would have had a full blown panic attack!
Hahaha! :roflmao: Well I wasn´t far from it, but like I said, the kitchen brigade were fabulous and helped me through. One of the hardest things to get my head round was the quantities for 100, and then 170 people. Things like " 2 large onions" in the recipe above, suddenly became 7 kgs, and then 12 kgs, all for ONE dish. 250 gms coriander powder?? That´s what I´d probably use in 3 months under normal circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom