The CookingBites recipe challenge: poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, if I extend the deadline it would have to be next Saturday or Sunday before I could get to judging. Today is my first day off in quite awhile. I have a light day of work tomorrow afternoon but then I am slammed up until next weekend. If MG says it's okay to extend until 10/23 or 10/24, I am fine with it, but that is a rather long extension.

Its not really my decision. Its up to you as judge JAS_OH1 but I would say we already have a whopping 34 entries so extending by a week is not really necessary. A day or so wouldn't matter but I perfectly well understand that can't do that. So...I think its best to stick to the current deadline under the circumstances.

Its not really my decision. Its up to you as judge JAS_OH1 but I would say we already have a whopping 34 entries so extending by a week is not really necessary. A day or so wouldn't matter but I perfectly well understand that can't do that. So...I think its best to stick to the current deadline under the circumstances.
We could extend it to 10/17 evening (8 p.m. US EST), MG, which would be about 2 a.m. your time 10/18? Only if that would help Elizabeth in getting her recipe in. ElizabethB, let us know if that works for you, because I don't mind judging tomorrow evening after work.

If that's not enough time, we can just stick to the current deadline.

Last edited:
We could extend it to 10/17 evening (8 p.m. US EST), MG, which would be about 2 a.m. your time 10/18? Only if that would help Elizabeth in getting her recipe in. Elizabeth, let us know if that works for you, because I don't mind judging tomorrow evening after work.

If that's not enough time, we can just stick to the current deadline.

That's OK by me. Its sometimes a whole 24 hours hours before the judges verdict is delivered, in any case.

JAS_OH1
Thanks for extending the deadline.
My recipe is not culinary genius - a simple, old fashion, bowl of comfort.

Recipe - Chicken and Dumplings

Glad I don't have a lot going on for the next few weeks workwise (so far).
Whenever I say something like this I inevitably get slammed with work. That's not a complaint.

will be reading through all of these wondrous and tantalizing recipes throughout the evening and should make a decision by midnight EST, maybe before.

Whenever I say something like this I inevitably get slammed with work. That's not a complaint.

will be reading through all of these wondrous and tantalizing recipes throughout the evening and should make a decision by midnight EST, maybe before.
Just wondering how the winner is picked. Do the finalists get prepared and consumed? just curious, thanks.

Just wondering how the winner is picked. Do the finalists get prepared and consumed? just curious, thanks.
In a perfect world, yes. I wish I had the financial wherewithal and time to do that! Also enough people living with me to eat it all!

I just use my vivid imagination on what it must taste like when reading the ingredients and preparation methods, and of course the visual appeal of the photographs.

Not usually. It is up to the judge. I have judged a couple of times. I evaluated each recipe, looking at ingredients and method. Originality does come into play but there there are times when an old favorite revisited stands out. Sometimes a recipe will jump out to a judge. Judging is NOT an easy task.

In a perfect world, yes. I wish I had the financial wherewithal and time to do that! Also enough people living with me to eat it all!

I just use my vivid imagination on what it must taste like when reading ingredients and preparation methods, and of course the visual appeal of the photographs.
Ok, thanks. I just wasn't sure how it was done. I suspected that food wasn't being prepared and compared because of the obvious shortcomings with ingredients and skill levels etc. You have a tough job or any judge for that matter simply because cuisine/recipes can be interpreted differently. Look forward to your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom