The CookingBites recipe challenge: quinoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinoa, Mange, Orange and Raspberry Parfait

full.jpg

Eggs Benedict is a full dish. It is an American Classic breakfast. I just mentioned that one could use the quinoa patty on its own as a side dish for something else.

History... Eggs Benedict - Wikipedia

CD
Was I repeating unnecessarily what you said? Forgive me.
I was tired and sleepy.

Thanks for the link, amazing!

I like the variations, in particular the Eggs Neptune with crab meat...sounds like a lovely combination too.

Quinoa Benedict? (Recipe thread in progress -- as soon as I clean the kitchen)

This one just kind of came out of left field. I saw a photo of an eggs Benedict I did years ago, and wondered, What if???

This entry was more work than my other two entries... combined. The "English Muffin" on the bottom took three rounds to get right. The rest was not hard, but messy.

Basically, there is a quinoa patty formed and pan fried like a potato pancake. On top of that is some home-cured Canadian bacon (back bacon) I had in the fridge. On top of that was a poached egg. On top of that was a hollandaise sauce.

View attachment 62347

I made a test patty for the third round, and on its own, it was actually quite good. It would make a good side in place of something like hash browns.

CD

You're not posting a recipe for this?

2AD20FA7-27CD-4241-8121-DDE4BC72E442.jpeg

Quinoa Poke Bowl. NOTE: "poke" is pronounced "Poe-KAY". It's going to take longer to put the recipe together than it took to actually make. Chopsticks are recommended in keeping with tradition, and also to keep you from shoveling it all into your mouth.

Last edited:
I usually do things like this:

1) make the food
2) take pictures
3) post pictures and a summary of the recipe
4) eat the food
5) post the recipe

Sometimes there's a big lag between steps 4 and 5. In this case, I will probably finish posting the recipe in the next hour.

Yes, I'm just taking my time. You know about that, right? :wink:

I'll do it tonight.

CD

Okay, I wrote a recipe thread, linked it and tagged it. It doesn't show up as an entry if you click the "cookingbites recipe challenge" tag, so I guess I didn't cross my toes when I tagged it, or something. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Update: The moment I clicked "Post Reply" for this post, it showed up. I guess the forum software just had to mess with me for a while. :mad:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom