The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:25 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is rice and MypinchofItaly is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe containing rice as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Extended deadline: 12.00 midday Sunday 7th June UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited:
Uh-oh. I'm majestically bad with rice, unless you like it really gummy and sticky. About the only rice I make is plain white rice in a cooker and rice pudding from the leftovers. I've attempted simple fried rice, but it usually ends up a mess.

I'll try something, though. Maybe I'll just throw it in some soup and call it a day. :)

A European guy walked into the Fat Lady's restaurant at the weekend and ordered "Khow Padt Noo" for carry oot.

My wife was there and corrected him. I think you want "Khow Padt Moo" which is pork fried rice.

"Khow Padt Noo" is rat fried rice!

Easy mistake to make.

"Khow Padt Noo" will not be an entry of mine in the challenge.

Uh-oh. I'm majestically bad with rice, unless you like it really gummy and sticky. About the only rice I make is plain white rice in a cooker and rice pudding from the leftovers. I've attempted simple fried rice, but it usually ends up a mess.

I'll try something, though. Maybe I'll just throw it in some soup and call it a day. :)

Plain white rice in a cooker and rice pudding from leftovers (delicious!) would be good anyway if you’ll be happy with them, definitely 😊
But maybe this challenge could give you the chance to try again new recipes with rice and find out something special. I’m sure you are a fine gourmand 👍

Last edited:
A European guy walked into the Fat Lady's restaurant at the weekend and ordered "Khow Padt Noo" for carry oot.

My wife was there and corrected him. I think you want "Khow Padt Moo" which is pork fried rice.

"Khow Padt Noo" is rat fried rice!

Easy mistake to make.

"Khow Padt Noo" will not be an entry of mine in the challenge.

That would have been interesting indeed though!

(repeating what I just posted on the thread where you announced the new ingredient):

What a wonderfully versatile ingredient! Now, I have to ask. Does this also include rice-like things, such as:
  • Orzo
  • Farro
  • Quinoa
  • Couscous
  • Barley

A question/clarification. Rice noodles are a favourite around these parts. Would they be included?

(repeating what I just posted on the thread where you announced the new ingredient):

What a wonderfully versatile ingredient! Now, I have to ask. Does this also include rice-like things, such as:
  • Orzo
  • Farro
  • Quinoa
  • Couscous
  • Barley
MypinchofItaly also clarified (in the previous Challenge thread) that it's a "NO" to all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom