The CookingBites recipe challenge: root vegetables

Dawg, did I miss the recipe for this gorgeous stew somewhere?
Hun, he is slower than molasses when it comes to writing up and submitting recipes (though I haven't been setting any speed records lately myself). But CD is much, much, much slower. In fact, he and The Late Night Gourmet have a contest going to see who can be the slowest at recipe write-up. And since neither of them do much else with their days :laugh::laugh::laugh: they have no excuse!

Of course just kidding around about they don't do much else, but not kidding about writing up and posting recipes. 🤣🤣🤣

Recipe - Celeriac & Potato Rösti (w/ Poached Egg)

A good alternative to a regular potato hash brown, with that wonderful freshness that celeriac has, so these have a nice lightness to them, compared to their potato counterpart. These will work for any meal of the day as well, and should pair with a lot of other things besides an egg (although the poached egg was just about the perfect accompaniment).

A good alternative to a regular potato hash brown, with that wonderful freshness that celeriac has, so these have a nice lightness to them, compared to their potato counterpart. These will work for any meal of the day as well, and should pair with a lot of other things besides an egg (although the poached egg was just about the perfect accompaniment).

Delicious looking. Lovely plating, too!

What a great idea!

Vegan Black Currant Pickled Herring Substitute
sal_e.png

Served with eggs on rye as an ovo vegetarian dish.

Last edited:
I've got some ideas, too, but it's hard to source some root vegetables without paying dearly for them if I order them online. There is a farmer's market about 20 miles from here that sells lots of fresh produce and bulk items. They will have the semolina flour (I want to make pasta--not for the challenge) in addition to a variety of the root vegetables I do want to use for the challenge. But, it has only been a week since I tested positive and I am not going with what our CDC has recently stated, backing off the 10 day quarantine and making it 5 days (or less depending on employment). So maybe by Monday we will venture out, double masked. Just gotta watch the weather and make sure it's not snowing, sleeting, or too cold (ha on that one).

I have a Celeriac recipe in mind, assuming I find celeriac. Haven't pushed to look yet, but I will next time I'm in a place to find it.

Meanwhile, I am planning on a roasted parsnip, bacon and pasta dish that sounds really good to me. And, I have the main ingredients - no parsley, though, but I'll find something suitable to replace that ingredient with. (The parsley is more of a condiment for it, anyway.) I should be making this dish by tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom