Congratulations! Very well-deserved!
And now, the "does this count?" questions start. :laugh:
Is this strictly rice, which excludes:
quinoa
farro
barley
other "rice-type" grains
Hey, you missed cauliflower off that list! :laugh:

Exactly right. Rice only. Quinoa, farro, barley, and other rice-type grains are excluded. No rice flour unless rice grains are otherwise already in the recipe.

I think it's still a pretty broad range to choose from, yes? I haven't ever heard of anyone with a rice allergy in the forum, but if someone has an issue with rice, please let me know!
Don't worry I'm just joking.

Any type of rice (in grain) form is great.

Hey, you missed cauliflower off that list! :laugh:

Don't worry I'm just joking.

Any type of rice (in grain) form is great.
I edited my former post to add this:

The exception to that (using rice flour) would be if you made your own rice flour. Same goes with rice noodles and rice paper, not allowed unless grains of rice are already in the recipe or you somehow took the time to make it from scratch using rice grains!

First - congrats! Excellent entry! :okay:

Second - For rice, does wild rice (which I think isn’t a true rice, but a grass or some other such nonsense) qualify?

First - congrats! Excellent entry! :okay:

Second - For rice, does wild rice (which I think isn’t a true rice, but a grass or some other such nonsense) qualify?
I hadn't considered that it is an aquatic grass and not true rice even though it's sold as being rice. I think often wild rice blends have some white rice grains mixed in and I don't think I have ever seen it prepared with the "grass" only. I think I want to stick with all types of rice-like grains having some form of actual rice in the dish as well.

Oh, and thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom