The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second stuffed squid recipe:

Stuffed Squid with Crabmeat, Scallop, Squid, Sweet Potato, Apple, Mushroom

stuffed-squid-11-2017-final.jpg

Stuffed, and served!

I suppose I'm going to have to kick myself in the rear and commit to an entry (or two) for this challenge.

It took some time for me to resolve my direction on this as Seafood is ultimately one of my favorite foods. And I was having trouble trying to avoid the usual things and especially things I may have posted before.

Something has finally clicked. But it is a five part meal. And that means five separate recipes, two of which don't have a morsel of seafood in them, but will be necessary to produce the other three recipes. I've made multi-part recipe entries before for Cooking Bites Challenges, to be sure.

So, on Tuesday, I will start to gather some ingredients and hope I don't break the budget. I probably won't as I can put off other things on my grocery list.

I will try to do things as I have in the past with Ingredient Posters and photographs.

This meal is something I have never done before so, yes, it will be a challenge, with possibly unexpected results.
I can relate to building a final meal from a combination of other recipes as the ingredient. I did that with my lemon pepper dill salmon, I used it on my homemade bagels. I didn't bother posting the recipe for that since there was no seafood in them.

Submit as many as you like so long as they haven't been posted on CookingBites already.
Hungry Man: you should look through some previous Recipe Challenges. You'll see that, for Morning Glory, the question isn't whether or not she'll submit more than 1, but whether she'll submit less than 10.

I can relate to building a final meal from a combination of other recipes as the ingredient. I did that with my lemon pepper dill salmon, I used it on my homemade bagels. I didn't bother posting the recipe for that since there was no seafood in them.
I will post separate recipes where they belong and then include them by name and link, in the main seafood challenge entry. That works ok and I have done it before.

I will post separate recipes where they belong and then include them by name and link, in the main seafood challenge entry. That works ok and I have done it before.
Oh, I wasn't telling you how you should do anything. I was just mentioning that I know about using recipes that are based on other recipes. You should see my almond challenge entries a few months ago! I made a vegan chocolate pudding pie. It had a homemade almond meal crust, vegan chocolate pudding filling made from homemade almond milk, homemade almond butter filling, and almond butter mousse made from homemade almond butter and the almond milk!

I've only had clear clam chowder once. It was good, just not the same as the creamy chowder. You have to clear your mind and judge it as it's own dish.

CD

I agree. And I do judge this as its own dish.

That being said, I had a superior New England (cream based) clam chowder at a restaurant in Sandisfield, MA a couple years back. Knocked my socks off. Beat any chowder I've had before or since. But overall - I enjoy the brothy ambiance of Rhode Island's clam chowder over the cream.

(Restaurant: the New Boston Inn - the building dates back as a tavern to prior to the Revolutionary War. Which still makes it young for the Europeans and British on this site.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom