The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish/seafood, except for fish and chips and maybe fish sticks/fingers, isn't allowed in my house.

To quote my dad, "I ain't eatin' nuthin' from God's toilet!" :laugh:
So do your beer battered fish n chips!
Or what about Mexican/British fusion of fish fingers and mushy peas taco
1605364643095.png

I was thinking both he and medtran49 will be entering some award worthy entries.

This challenge has CraigC's name all over it. I hope he will be able to participate.

CD

I doubt it. Craig is still in hospital and is still having mental issues. He hasn't been able to cooperate with PT and hasn't been able to do much more than stand for a few seconds intermittently, with max support. It seems like we take a step forward, but then half or three-quarters back.

And I'm too tired to do anything more than just very basic cooking or using the microwave.

Fish/seafood, except for fish and chips and maybe fish sticks/fingers, isn't allowed in my house.

To quote my dad, "I ain't eatin' nuthin' from God's toilet!" :laugh:

Well, the challenge is for aquatic plants/algae too and I thought of a way you could enter something... come to think of it I may do that myself. Its a dessert!

I doubt it. Craig is still in hospital and is still having mental issues. He hasn't been able to cooperate with PT and hasn't been able to do much more than stand for a few seconds intermittently, with max support. It seems like we take a step forward, but then half or three-quarters back.

And I'm too tired to do anything more than just very basic cooking or using the microwave.
I didn't know. I'm very sorry to hear it.

*hugs * This sounds extremely difficult. Do you have any support?

This is a regular menu item in my house. I probably make these salmon filets 3 or more times a month. I usually pair them with a nice salad or serve them with wild rice and asparagus. Last night I paired them with salad. I use the leftover salmon for our morning bagels, which is quite tasty as a replacement for cold smoked salmon.

I "broil" the filets in my air fryer, which gives them a lovely golden brown crust but keeps them moist and tender inside. They can be broiled, baked, grilled, or pan seared, whatever is preferred. Easy to make and delicious!

Recipe - Lemon Pepper and Dill Seasoned Salmon Filets

1605380430046.png

1605380394593.png

1605380465616.png

1605380578249.png

I hope they can get the mental issues straightened out, and he can go home soon. The physical recovery will happen on it's own schedule, which woan't be soon enough.

Take care of yourself. Eat nutritious food, even if it isn't up to your normal levels of excellence. And, we have a General Chat Tread, so feel free to vent, if you need to.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom