The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nb you are right you are not going to win with that pic, but if you added Asian mushy peas to give your plate color and a multi cultural hook

Recipe here: Recipe - Asian Mushy Peas

Funny you should say that as I have a mushy pea experiment building in my head. I might try at the weekend if I can get the ingredients.

Octopus is delicious. Here's one I prepared earlier: Recipe - Octopus and prawn Greek salad
Love it. You cook with cuttlefish,now I'm not trying to influence you but the cuttlefish risotto was the first dish I ever cooked for my wife wink wink
1605270508850.png

I don't seem to see many folks showing an appreciation for fish of the family that includes, Tuna, Bonitas, Mackerals and Sword Fish. Take in some cross-cut Mackeral and mix in some Cockles, Octopi, Clams, Conch Fritters, Calamari, Scallops, Prawns, Lobster Tail cuts, Crab Claws, a Tomato Base with Garlic and some appropriate spicing - and what do you have?

A Caribbean Marisco.

Recipe - Black Sesame Seed and Peppercorn Encrusted Seared Tuna Steaks

This was last night's dinner for two! It was quite delicious, and oh so simple to prepare. I used black sesame seeds but a mix of white and black seeds would be fine, or whatever you prefer. The tuna steaks were marinated in a soy-ginger sauce before I coated them, and then seared to medium-rare perfection (others might prefer them rare). I served the tuna steaks with a side of lightly sauteed spinach and sticky Basmati rice (any short grain rice will do), as well as some wasabi and soy sauce for dipping. A sriracha mayonnaise could be a nice alternative for those who don't like wasabi...and a seaweed salad would be a delicious addition in place of the spinach.

The tuna steaks were a large portion and I originally intended to set aside some leftovers for our lunch, but hubby and I found them so tasty that we sat at the dining counter for an hour talking, eating, and drinking, and before we knew it we had eaten our entire meals!

Recipe - Black Sesame Seed and Peppercorn Encrusted Seared Tuna Steaks

View attachment 50443

View attachment 50444

This was last night's dinner for two! It was quite delicious, and oh so simple to prepare. I used black sesame seeds but a mix of white and black seeds would be fine, or whatever you prefer. The tuna steaks were marinated in a soy-ginger sauce before I coated them, and then seared to medium-rare perfection (others might prefer them rare). I served the tuna steaks with a side of lightly sauteed spinach and sticky Basmati rice (any short grain rice will do), as well as some wasabi and soy sauce for dipping. A sriracha mayonnaise could be a nice alternative for those who don't like wasabi...and a seaweed salad would be a delicious addition in place of the spinach.

The tuna steaks were a large portion and I originally intended to set aside some leftovers for our lunch, but hubby and I found them so tasty that we sat at the dining counter for an hour talking, eating, and drinking, and before we knew it we had eaten our entire meals!

“Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”

- Coco Chanel

TastyReuben please attend my chambers. With most of the fishy on a dishy boundaries removed and your obvious culinary ability. I will brook no excuses. Enter something our I will hold you in contempt of my court.!!! View attachment 50469
Fish/seafood, except for fish and chips and maybe fish sticks/fingers, isn't allowed in my house.

To quote my dad, "I ain't eatin' nuthin' from God's toilet!" :laugh:

Fish/seafood, except for fish and chips and maybe fish sticks/fingers, isn't allowed in my house.

To quote my dad, "I ain't eatin' nuthin' from God's toilet!" :laugh:
So do your beer battered fish n chips!

It's too bad some humans treat the oceans and other bodies of water like toilets. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom