The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig is still in hospital and is still having mental issues.
As you know Craig knew my younger bother and I Harry & Bolas from another forum. Harry had a serious breakdown when I was diagnosed with cancer. He made a very serious attempt at suicide. I had to have him "sectioned" They were very black days. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. When he was eventually released for outpatients treatment I was happy and very scared. Anyway he is now a Governor of the mental health trust that treated him. He devotes a large part of his life helping the patients and staff. Just tell Craig Harry and Bolas send greetings. I know how debilitating this is for you.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. Our daughter is on west coast and has a full-time job outside of home. Both of his brothers died of lung cancer. Their kids are all over the country.

If you can afford it, maybe try getting professional help? I know it's hard in the US, just trying to think of ways you can be supported. I can imagine this is very difficult and sad. I hope he recovers soon.

I suppose I'm going to have to kick myself in the rear and commit to an entry (or two) for this challenge.

It took some time for me to resolve my direction on this as Seafood is ultimately one of my favorite foods. And I was having trouble trying to avoid the usual things and especially things I may have posted before.

Something has finally clicked. But it is a five part meal. And that means five separate recipes, two of which don't have a morsel of seafood in them, but will be necessary to produce the other three recipes. I've made multi-part recipe entries before for Cooking Bites Challenges, to be sure.

So, on Tuesday, I will start to gather some ingredients and hope I don't break the budget. I probably won't as I can put off other things on my grocery list.

I will try to do things as I have in the past with Ingredient Posters and photographs.

This meal is something I have never done before so, yes, it will be a challenge, with possibly unexpected results.

medtran49, Windigo's idea triggered a memory.

1. Every hospital should have a social worker (sometimes called a patient liaison) who has information on all kinds of resources for patients and their families.

2. Your insurance company can connect you with a case manager who can oversee your file to make sure you are connected with the right resources.

I wish for you and Craig kind, loving positive energy, strength and hope during this difficult time.

Last edited:
In Ohio I am about 8 hours away from the Atlantic Ocean, pretty landlocked: but the grocery stores carry fresh salmon and other fresh saltwater fish, shrimp, and mussels in addition to frozen. They have live Maine lobster in the tank, but I am not opposed to buying frozen claws and tails on occasion. Can always get frozen crab legs or cooked and pasteurized crabmeat. I am looking forward to this, I already have something in mind. It's something I have been making for years. Gotta couple of other favorites I might submit as well.
I already submitted the "other favorites" and am making my family's favorite this coming Thursday. I get requests for it all the time. Stay tuned!

Blimey! I look forward to seeing your endeavours.
Actually, I could go seven recipes on this, if I considered three regional variations on the main entree'. But I think providing some brief discussion of those variations in the post will be enough, while running with just one of them.

Hi Morning Glory, can you enter a dish if you've posted that you made it... like on the thread What I ate cooked today, if you didn't post the actual recipe? Although I sort of did via a video link.

Yes that's fine. If it hasn't been posted as a Recipe thread before its eligible. The reason for this ruling is to encourage new recipes to be posted to increase the forum content and also to provide new material for Google search bots.

...the other reason is that long standing members who have posted a lot of recipes here could enter loads of times by simply pasting links. In my case I could probably make 40 or more entries. This would make the judge's job extremely difficult and probably put people off reading the challenge thread.

...the other reason is that long standing members who have posted a lot of recipes here could enter loads of times by simply pasting links. In my case I could probably make 40 or more entries. This would make the judge's job extremely difficult and probably put people off reading the challenge thread.

Is a good point. The only reason I want to put a couple of my old ones in is they are fairly unique. But definitely won't bombard the thread.

May I say in my role as the Hanging Judge how much I am enjoying the reality of this competition thread. I was brought up within a family who revered sitting down at a table to eat. Sunday was special not from the point of view of the food, but friends and family would sit down and seek guidance, help and accept praise for what life has dealt them.

Easy Shrimp Pasta
pas_5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom