The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foam?

I will be Out of Orbit using Fruit Pastes.

I have ideas for the following:
1) a Bread
2) a Casserole
3) a Creamed Entree
4) a Desert Entree
5) a Fruit Paste Entree
6) a Quiche
7) a Salad
8) a Soup

Well, on the face of it, none of those sound too difficult. If you need any help with anything I am more than willing to advise if I can. I'd rather help members win than win myself!

Here is an example of parsley foam I made. I suppose it comes under the heading of molecular gastronomy but really its just a foam.

Recipe - Parsley Foam

Well, on the face of it, none of those sound too difficult.

Well, no, they are not difficult. That's the beauty of Tumeric. It can be readily applied to a lot of different things.

If anything, I will have the most difficulty with the Bread, because I am not normally a Baker at heart. But I expect that to be a simple matter of following through. The Fruit Paste Entree is going to be a craftwork.

Snow Pea Salad
tur_c.png

I don't have anything else that is crystal, except some wine glasses and they are two small. I could only find on the web 18 Oz. crystal goblets big enough to make a visible splash. I have now ordered a set of two and they arrive Dec 16th, if shipping goes well, which can't be counted on these days with the pandemic.
I would think you could find some glass goblets at the dollar stores...of course not crystal, but you could likey find the size you need and they would be pretty enough (just in case your crystal goblets do not arrive in time).

Already ordered online.
I used to collect cut glass decanter with matching glasses. the glasses are in the cupboard part of the side board. The best ones are where the pattern is not perfect. That almost guarantees that the are hand cut. You should recognize one of these.
1607325006945.png
1607325216012.png
these are my favorite desert wine glasses.

Recipe - Turmeric and Almond Butter Marinade

How I turned my turmeric-disliking husband into a fan! I was trying to make a salad dressing but it seemed too thick and heavy, then it occurred to me that it would make a nice marinade for the salmon filets we were having for dinner. I was already prepared for the eventuality of having to make him a pasta dish if he didn't like the salmon, but he loved it! And I am going to keep working on the salad dressing. The salmon was so flavorful that I only drizzled a light viniagrette on my salad. This is a keeper for sure.

1607458977997.png

1607459016887.png

1607459015577.png

1607458947767.png

Last edited:

This is a light, zesty, and colorful dressing that is vegan and gluten free. It has the additional health benefits of turmeric and garlic, as well as almond butter, ginger, and more.

Recipe - Turmeric Salad Dressing

I made a salad with baby organic spinach, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato, red onion, dried cranberries, mandarin orange sections, goat cheese crumbles, and bacon. The dressing really accentuated the smoky notes of the bacon. Deliicous!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom