The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robagusti Bread

RobagustiBread1.jpg

Please note that the challenge closes at 12.00 midday UK time. As I write that is 2 hrs and 40 minutes to go. So there is time for a few late entries if anyone wants to make murphyscreek job harder than it already is! If you look under my avatar you can see the current time in the UK.

I confess I have a few entires which are still not typed up...

Thanks for the heads up Morning Glory . I've been going through each recipe and have to say this is a really tough assignment. I might be in bed before deadline...so don't panic if there's no judgement for about 8 hours after the deadline. Is just a time zone thing. Am really excited to see so many great recipes utilising tumeric....this forum is awesome.

Thanks for the heads up Morning Glory . I've been going through each recipe and have to say this is a really tough assignment. I might be in bed before deadline...so don't panic if there's no judgement for about 8 hours after the deadline. Is just a time zone thing. Am really excited to see so many great recipes utilising tumeric....this forum is awesome.

No rush - I'm astonished that we got so many entries. To remind you, the easiest way to view a list of entries is to click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag.

Good luck making a pick from all those recipes. I never used Turmeric before and once I did some research on it, I could see immediately that it would spawn a large number of possibilities. And it did. Thanks for making it your Recipe Challenge choice. I've got a new favorite spice.

Good luck making a pick from all those recipes. I never used Turmeric before and once I did some research on it, I could see immediately that it would spawn a large number of possibilities. And it did. Thanks for making it your Recipe Challenge choice. I've got a new favorite spice.

I'm stunned that there was such a response, particularly since it seemed to start slowly. There was such a phenomenal variety that I would never have imagined possible, particularly with sweet recipes. To echo your thoughts, good luck, murphyscreek!

murphyscreek I do not envy you. Judging is a bigger challenge than participating.
DITTO - Turmeric is up there with ginger.
I made chocolate truffles as small gifts for my family. I wanted to make Turmeric truffles. Time got away from me. I have eaten truffles flavored with coffee, ginger, cumin, cayenne, salt and other unexpected flavors. I thought why not Turmeric? Time got away from me. I have enough chocolate left for a half batch. I will try Turmeric just for fun.
Thanks murphyscreek . Turmeric was a great choice.

Thanks to everyone, and I mean everyone, who contributed recipes to this particular challenge. I was a bit worried initially that I'd made a bad choice. But after reviewing all the recipes I'm just blown away at the quality and diversity of how people approached this particular ingredient, which admittedly can be a little challenging. Of course, that makes picking a "winner" nigh on impossible, and I would like to preface judging with the comment that ANY of the submitted recipes would have been worthy winners. I truly mean that.

OK, my initial system was relatively simple. I gave ticks to each recipe with 4 ticks being the highest. Unfortunately, that didn't narrow it down too much as I ended up with so many 4 tick results, and none less then 3 ticks. Some of those 4 tick recipes were;

flyinglentris recipe for robagusti bread (and quite a few more of flyinglentris recipes got similiar ratings). But that bread really took my fancy.
ElizabethB, your honey chicken sounded delightful
JAS_OH1 nearly took it out with the cauliflower and garlic soup recipe, as well as the tumeric pancakes.
I loved The Late Night Gourmet harissa recipe, I will be trying this for sure!! Also, if you had submitted an entry for those "Mellow Yellow" tumeric chicken burgers I can assure you they'd be in the running. They loooked mouth watering.
And some really interesting recipes as always from Hemulen, I particularly liked the look of the recipe for the salmon and tumeric timbale. This dish was very nearly the winner.
Burt Blank gave us some really high standard dishes (as usual) and particularly in contention from my viewpoint were the spicy pork yoghurt dish, and the coronation chicken dish looked to die for.
Yorky, your chicken kohlapuri looked superb!! I want some....now!!
And as usual, a big thanks to Morning Glory for coming up with a few last minute, but superb sounding and looking recipes (especially the dal and lamb dishes) just to make the judging that more difficult.

Anyway, given the high standard I reverted to my previous judging criteria of which dish did I most want to eat and try right now if i can only pick one. And that dish was definitely flyinglentris' recipe for "Chicken Soup with Corn Dumplings". Congratulations, and a big thankyou for laying out such a detailed recipe for the dish. Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom