The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 52930

This is how I will enjoy my last two recipes together. Neither looks particularly special separately, but together they sing. The harmony is beautiful. When I get done eating this, I will post both recipes.

Why not make them one entry in the challenge. You can still link both recipes, but it seems that "the whole is better than its parts." That's how you ate it.

Just a thought.

CD

Grilled Open Sandwiches With Turmeric
che_c.png

This homespun entry was inspired by this thread (started by Morning Glory).

Last edited:
I'll probably just add a little at a time until I can taste it, but it doesn't dominate. That will take some time.

Don't forget that the fresh can be used grated on top of dishes to good effect. A coarse microplane is ideal for that. What I find most different is the aroma of freshly grated compared to dried powdered. Its much more fragrant and delicate.

Why not make them one entry in the challenge. You can still link both recipes, but it seems that "the whole is better than its parts." That's how you ate it.

Just a thought.

CD
That did occur to me. But, both are pretty involved, and it's likely I will make one or the other again (probably the harissa) separately.

That did occur to me. But, both are pretty involved, and it's likely I will make one or the other again (probably the harissa) separately.

If you look at some of my Recipe Challenge entries, you will notice how I have put in Link References to other Recipes, like for Sofrito, Avocado Salad Dressing and Fruit Paste. That sort of thing is acceptable.

EC28FCB1-9A9B-4885-A924-5A1FE33FA8B6.jpeg
Mellow Yellow Turmeric Chicken Burger - before the recipe challenge, I thought that turmeric had limited uses. My fellow cooks prove me wrong with every post, and I am learning a lot about this wonderful spice with everything I try making. In this case, I ground chicken from wing and drumstick meat (getting enough meat took some time, as you can imagine). Then, I mixed a bunch of powdered turmeric with jalapeño peppers, pimentos, portobello mushrooms, and red onion.

I topped it with a fried egg, and of course the harissa I recently entered into the challenge. This was ridiculously good. I won’t enter it in the contest, because there’s not much of a recipe here. But, I am definitely going to make this again.

View attachment 53117Mellow Yellow Turmeric Chicken Burger - before the recipe challenge, I thought that turmeric had limited uses. My fellow cooks prove me wrong with every post, and I am learning a lot about this wonderful spice with everything I try making. In this case, I ground chicken from wing and drumstick meat (getting enough meat took some time, as you can imagine). Then, I mixed a bunch of powdered turmeric with jalapeño peppers, pimentos, portobello mushrooms, and red onion.

I topped it with a fried egg, and of course the harissa I recently entered into the challenge. This was ridiculously good. I won’t enter it in the contest, because there’s not much of a recipe here. But, I am definitely going to make this again.
View attachment 53116

View attachment 53115

Its great and it looks pretty too. Maybe you should enter it. Simple recipes are often the best.

ED13D11B-8A34-438D-AFE3-755388C77A11.jpeg

Turbuleh (Turmeric Tabouleh) - tabouli made with...well, you know. It’s hard to imagine that I started with this before mixing it all in:

ED695B9E-0AEA-460D-B6EB-4A874F75B581.jpeg

I posted two other tabouli recipes previously, so I’m probably not posting this one, either. I am having fun with this ingredient, however. Some differences from earlier recipes or that I used grapefruit juice and dill instead of lemon juice and meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom