The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked Stuffed Apples with Lox and Fruit Paste

BakedStuffedApples.jpg

We are just under half way through the challenge and my count is 23 entries so far. This is great - because if I wind the clock back a few years we only ever got a handful of entries for the old 'spice challenges' I used to run. I'm very impressed by the standard of entries overall.

Please can you check your entries appear on the list when you click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag. If not, then it means you haven't tagged your recipe correctly which means they are not valid entries. Contact me if you need help.

We are just under half way through the challenge and my count is 23 entries so far. This is great - because if I wind the clock back a few years we only ever got a handful of entries for the old 'spice challenges' I used to run. I'm very impressed by the standard of entries overall.

Please can you check your entries appear on the list when you click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag. If not, then it means you haven't tagged your recipe correctly which means they are not valid entries. Contact me if you need help.

Looks good.

I've got three recipes coming up. I've just been working on photographing them and writing them up properly over the last three days. Hopefully I'll post something tomorrow.

A fourth recipe idea is formulating... something to do with turnips (I like the alliteration).

Last edited:
00C094AB-3741-4AA5-BFD7-F421674AF852.jpeg

Turmeric Flatbread - this is a variation on a Moroccan flatbread. You may be able to detect turmeric in the coloration. :okay:The amount I used was enough to give it an earthy quality, which I am really starting to like.

Ras el Hanout is not normally part of Moroccan flatbread, but it certainly works here.

Last edited:
Turmeric Flatbread - this is a variation on a Moroccan flatbread. You may be able to detect turmeric in the coloration. :okay:The amount I used was enough to give it an earthy quality, which I am really starting to like.

Ras el Hanout is not normally part of Moroccan flatbread, but it certainly works here. I am thinking of making a roasted pepper sauce to serve with it before I post the recipe.

It's good to see that somebody else has decided to try Turmeric in Bread. :okay:

Pizza is in fact, one of many kinds of Flat Breads.
Yes, I realize that. I make it frequently from scratch.

Edited to add that I have been making the dough from scratch more frequently thanks to TastyReuben. We probably make it 1-2 times per week now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom