The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No air con?

Russ
Normally that's no need and reverse cycle air con isn't something I've ever come across in the UK which normally only had a few hot days several times a summer. Its unusual for it tho be warm for any length of time.

Central heating (what is amusingly called hydro thermal something or other and considered to be 'new') is standard in most houses unless they're old houses by which I mean three figures. The houses I've typically lived in all my life have had open fires and then had CH added as it arrived, mostly either from gas bottles or a kerosene oil tank, if it has had it at all. CH or a wood burning stove is much more important.

Husband slept through it too.

Yes, it is still close and heating up already. I'm tempted to go into the office on a non-work day just to cool off.

I've just bought a fan from Wickes (£15) which is brilliant. Its fairly quiet and really packs a punch in terms of cooling the air. Its the best fan I've ever come across. I'd highly recommend it. Its the black 12 inch fan - it says 12 inch but that's the blades - the mesh cover makes it larger. I like it so much I'm buying two more so I have them in other rooms. It got me through the night last night with no problem and right now its at the other end of the table and doing a great job of cooling me off as I type.

I've just bought a fan from Wickes (£15) which is brilliant. Its fairly quiet and really packs a punch in terms of cooling the air. Its the best fan I've ever come across. I'd highly recommend it. Its the black 12 inch fan - it says 12 inch but that's the blades - the mesh cover makes it larger. I like it so much I'm buying two more so I have them in other rooms. It got me through the night last night with no problem and right now its at the other end of the table and doing a great job of cooling me off as I type.

We replaced a defunct 16" with a 18" (because I forgot the size). Now that packs a punch even on the lowest setting.

Warm and sunny yesterday and we saw some strange goings-on. Gulls were running around everywhere, evidently gobbling up something from the ground. What we discovered was that we had a minor plague of winged ants. One of those curious events that just happens one day a year.

Warm and sunny yesterday and we saw some strange goings-on. Gulls were running around everywhere, evidently gobbling up something from the ground. What we discovered was that we had a minor plague of winged ants. One of those curious events that just happens one day a year.

Ah yes - its yet to happen here. Or if it has I didn't notice.

I have bought a smallish tower fan for my desk, we have aircon but not everyone feels the heat like I do :heat::heat:

We have a standard fan in our bedroom which was on over night, couldn't sleep without it.

I have bought a smallish tower fan for my desk, we have aircon but not everyone feels the heat like I do :heat::heat:

We have a standard fan in our bedroom which was on over night, couldn't sleep without it.

I can only recommend this fan again. I've had many fans in the past :)laugh:). OK - you know what I mean. The Wickes fan is brilliant.

I'm sitting in the lounge downstairs ATM, heat pump is on as it's rather cool. It can be changed to cold as well. It's one of the best things I've bought. I prolly need to buy another one for upstairs.

Russ

My desk fan is a schallen 15'' tower fan, it is on my desk now and doing a great job :okay:

:heat::heat::heat::heat: already this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom