The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cold front is coming through today from the West. Severe weather is likely lat afternoon and evening. Cold weather behind it, with a possible freeze the night of Saturday/Sunday. That's not normal here -- well, the freeze part.

CD

We're just the opposite. It's been hot here. Supposed to be 88 F today. We hit 90 in last week or 2. We should be in mid to high 70s for high daytime temps.

We're just the opposite. It's been hot here. Supposed to be 88 F today. We hit 90 in last week or 2. We should be in mid to high 70s for high daytime temps.

The storms did come though, but missed Frisco. There were a couple of weak tornados (EF-1) in the DFW area, but just light rain here.

It got down to 37F last night, and is 47F right now. We may get a freeze overnight tonight.

CD

It's 9:15am and already 28°C (82F). ☀️

I heard on NPR in my car today that NSW is having a fish die-off due to the heat wave. It is causing low oxygen levels in the costal waters. That's odd, since there are places on Earth with much warmer water. I assume it is in shallow waters???

CD

Here, we’ve got a wind chill of 17F/-9C. 🥶
Its 20F tonight in Akron, but I'm in North Carolina for the night, 55F.

I'm in a darned weird Marriott. Here's my bathroom wallpaper:
20230318_222627.jpg
20230318_222633.jpg
20230318_222640.jpg

Here are the window blinds:
20230318_222416.jpg
20230318_222544.jpg
20230318_231537.jpg

Last edited:
Blue skies and moderate temps for my drive up to Naples for dinner with Nonpicky Eater. Freezing temps, ice, blowing snow, and limited visibility for the drive back. This was quite annoying.

But the food was great.
Same thing up here in Eastern Ontario..It was nice all day and we planned to head into the city to meet my kids for dinner to celebrate my eldest daughter's Birthday..I was upstairs changing after work and looked out the window and couldn't see across the street..Winona checked the forecast and there was a travel advisory for the region until over night..Sadly, we cancelled and rescheduled tomorrow..Good thing we did because we've heard of two serious automobile accidents on the very road we would be taking...

My back is telling me "Your'e old!!!" today. I'm sure it is my recurring pinched sciatic nerve, again. This time it is really bad. If I sit for more than a few minutes, I have a hard time standing up. The pain starts at my spine, and shoots through my right hip, and halfway down my leg.

CD
Have you ever tried an inversion table? We've had one for a long time..It works for my sciatic..if you can sit with your legs crossed and then push down on your knees that will stretch your hip muscles..might help..It does for me..another thing you might want to check out are some Youtube videos on "Unlocking your Hips"...I can't believe the mobility I have lost over the years until I try some of those..

Last edited:
Have you ever tried an inversion table? We've had one for a long time..It works for my sciatic..if you can sit with your legs crossed and then push down on your knees that will stretch your hip muscles..might help..It does for me..
Massage therapy is great if you can find someone properly trained in that modality. I was a therapist for about a decade and was able to help. But yes, stretching is the best self-treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom