The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now 9:15pm and still 25°C outside (76F). Tomorrow is meant to be much cooler at 26°C instead of the 38°C (102F) it peaked at today.

There's even the threat of rain on the horizon for this coming week. Yippee. We badly need it. Since the 1st January, we've had 87.1mm of rain in TOTAL. Yep, that's all and most of that fell in the first few days of the new year. 87mm is 3½inches btw.

SmartSelect_20230317_133440_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

This picture shows our rainfall at our house. We have an online weather station. 3.8mm of rain so far this month is all condensation on foggy mornings! No rain so far this month.

This is why fish are dying in vast numbers. caseydog the big rivers are not getting fresh water into them because it hasn't rained here. No fresh water means they are running dry and low, and heating up very easily in this heatwave. The rivers in the news are wide estuary rivers that would usually be topped up with rain water frequently. Right now it simply isn't raining and to top it off, the humidity is very low as well. Today saw 17% humidity at 38°C (102F). No rain in this part of Australia but other areas are flooded that shouldn't be.

My pears and apple are around a quarter to a third of their size in previous years due to lack of water.

My flowering plants are only alive because I recycle almost all grey water. Very little goes into the septic tank, mostly only the toilet on the rare occasion it gets flushed. Even the dirtiest of grey water can be allowed to settle overnight and then used to water roses/flowers or the lawn (keeping the lawn alive & green is a tried and tested fire hazard reduction in rural areas).

Right now fish don't stand a chance.

Grrrr :mad:

I ordered a whole chicken to roast from my premium grocery. I got a substitute because the chicken I had ordered was unavaible. Now, this substitute was from a brand which had provided me with rotten chicken at Christmas in 2021.. and guess what?
This chicken which was supposedly good till tuesday was rotten too!

I'm going to let my supplier know they can't trust this provider. I really HATE having to waste a whole chicken!!

Its 20F tonight in Akron, but I'm in North Carolina for the night, 55F.

I'm in a darned weird Marriott. Here's my bathroom wallpaper:
View attachment 97483View attachment 97484View attachment 97485
Here are the window blinds:
View attachment 97487View attachment 97488 View attachment 97489
I’ll come back and check your post later, when all my Irish coffees have worn off, because to me, that looks like a rooster, a giraffe, and an astronaut hanging out at the filling station, which can’t be right.

18F with a windchill of 8F, which is -7C/-14C, outside this morning. No snow, though. :(

18F with a windchill of 8F, which is -7C/-14C, outside this morning. No snow, though. :(
Screenshot_20230319-084718_The Weather Channel.jpg
Starting out a little chilly but better by the end of the week.
I’ll come back and check your post later, when all my Irish coffees have worn off, because to me, that looks like a rooster, a giraffe, and an astronaut hanging out at the filling station, which can’t be right.
Yeah, there were some UFOs on another section, which is totally right given the overall vibe of this place.
20230318_222654.jpg

And what about this?
20230318_225633.jpg

Last edited:
My back is really hurting today (sciatica). It starts at my spine, and shoots through my right hip all, and the way down my leg to my right foot. I'm doing some stretching exercises that are meant for sciatica, and not a whole lot of relief.

I did some research, and found out my preferred sleep position is making it worse. :facepalm:

CD

Blue skies and moderate temps for my drive up to Naples for dinner with Nonpicky Eater. Freezing temps, ice, blowing snow, and limited visibility for the drive back. This was quite annoying.

But the food was great.
HANG ON!
Could there be another Ms. in the picture?

The postal ballot forms arrived today for the state elections... I'm so glad we qualify for postal voting because I would be guessing/ taking a random potshot if I had to do this in an election booth with mandatory voting.

There are 2 separate forms roughly the same size. I'm not sure currently if it is shorter or longer than the federal election forms last year.

20230320_181533.jpg
20230320_183200.jpg

Is that something you can go to the doc/chiro for?
When mine is acting up the Chiro helps for a day or two, then it can come back...when it flairs up like that, I think I have injured it somehow..Doesn't take much..you can twist the wrong way or ban your hip a little on the edge of a counter...so, ice, heat, ibuprofen and time...problem is it gets fragile as we age so it will injure much more easily...I've started back excersises when it is feeling good now to help strengthen it..I'm also walking a. lot now..that helps keep it loose..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom