The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stelara treatment went well yesterday, but now I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to start working. As opposed to Remicade which works instantly. So the hoped for pain reduction isn't there yet.
I hope it does work else I am wasting another two to four months on waiting again.

Happy birthday!

MrsT would be jealous - she goes to the Disney store and drops a small fortune every time we’re in London, because they sell things there you can’t get anywhere else, even Disneyworld, so she’d try and talk you out of Minnie.

Hope you’re having a great day!

she’d try and talk you out of Minnie.
Never mind, LissaC , your Minnie is safe:

C19A6F89-09EC-4B36-8607-302CB9712FD7.jpeg

Windigo - you're doing great 👍
Stelara sounds like a sci-fi character btw
Well actually you're right I think, somehow I am learning to live with the new pain level I have.
You guys can see it too, despite there being no reduction in my pain levels yet I have managed to cook more normal food and have had more good days than bad.
I'm getting used to doing things differently than before I think, and pacing myself differently. Getting to do things has been satisfying, which helps me go on.

Well, damn it all!
The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)
I've got Shingles, yet again!
Almost exactly 1 year apart from the last round...
I'm not sure if I've got this fast enough, but fortunately, I have an appointment with my Dermatologist this morning.
It seems to have just popped up this morning, I think... we'll see what she has to say.

Happy birthday!

MrsT would be jealous - she goes to the Disney store and drops a small fortune every time we’re in London, because they sell things there you can’t get anywhere else, even Disneyworld, so she’d try and talk you out of Minnie.

Hope you’re having a great day!
Don't show her my Chinese New Year Minnie doll!
IMG-20230317-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230214-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited:
Darn it. Hubby has just announced that he's out twice next week with work, so no cooking for him on those days. Plus we're out tonight (7 course gourmet vegan tasting menu) and out tomorrow brealfast & lunch (avoiding the predicted 38°C temps), so no cooking this weekend either. And I've got so many rice recipes I want to try before I go into hospital! :cry: it's not fair!

I don't know what to do now.

How long do you anticipate being in hospital and then on the mend?
2½ to 3 weeks minimum.

Ahhh, some extra words cropped up. On the mend? No idea but I can't drive for at least 8 weeks. A lot will depend on how well I heal. I did really well last time, but each op is different and I may heal slower entering winter instead of summer which it was last time

I'm officially unimpressed with the forecast for this weekend!

View attachment 97348

The cinema is being booked for Sunday!
(37°C is body temp for those Fahrenheiters , so 38°C is 2F above body temp. So 100½F (OTTOMH).

Mind you that said, it's still 21°C (70F) outside, dark and not a breath of wind and 9pm. It's going to be a muggy night tonight as well.
Getting less impressed

Screenshot_20230318_170216_Weatherzone+.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom