The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. That should have been a rock. :laugh:
I thought maybe there was just something lost in translation, like so many other English words that have different meanings in various English speaking countries (courgette/zucchini, aubergine/eggplant). I've just learned about food ones here so far...glad to know that a rock is a rock no matter where! I also was seriously concerned when I read he got hit by a tick, thinkiing at first it was a typo and that he got bit by a tick, but then the windscreen reference made me understand better...sort of!

I think I forgot to talk about this, but a couple weeks ago we went to a ramen restaurant that has a really cool decor. I ate the katsudon, which was ok, I've had better, and my friends say the ramen wasn't great either, but I think the main point of this restaurant is really the decor and the whole environment, not the food.
Screenshot_20230313_221406.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_221448.jpg

I'm so excited!
Tomorrow, my Neighborhood Gal Pals and I are going to a new-to-us restaurant for Linner (late lunch/early dinner).
When I looked up the menu and everything on their website, this looks like it's a legit Italian place, with dishes I've been wanting to try.
They have guanciale!! Hand-made fresh Pasta. And plenty more.
:woot:

I think I forgot to talk about this, but a couple weeks ago we went to a ramen restaurant that has a really cool decor. I ate the katsudon, which was ok, I've had better, and my friends say the ramen wasn't great either, but I think the main point of this restaurant is really the decor and the whole environment, not the food.
View attachment 97222
View attachment 97223

That decor would drive me up a wall. That is way too busy for me. I would develop a twitch if I sat in there for ten minutes.

CD

AKA: The Early Bird Specials? 👵 :D

CD
I wish this restaurant offered an "early bird special" ... it's on the pricey side, but I just got my Costco Citi Card annual "cash back" so I'm good there without breaking into the piggy bank.
I'm looking forward to ordering an appie for the table, a few glasses of a real nice wine (I'm not drink), not sure on an entrée yet it's between a coupla choices, a dessert for the table, a glass of Limoncello for the table as well (these Gals have never had it before, I'm sure that the bar would offer two extra glasses, don't you think?) and DH wants me to bring him home something.
I already know what all I'm ordering :smug:pretty much ...

Last edited:
Chronicles of Getting Old, Chapter 17:

Tasty was pleased to see the local grocery store’s quarterly magazine of recipes and coupons arrive with the daily mail delivery. Something about potentially trimming items from an actual glossy publication made him feel…comforted somehow.

Retrieving the scissors from the Christmas wrapping paper storage box, filled with delightful anticipation, the unusually handsome and intellectually gifted middle-aged man flipped the pages, slowly, dismissing this dish, that promise of savings, until he landed on a keeper, then he skillfully employed the cutter, deftly removing each bit of interest, to be saved for later use.

Happy with himself, and always mindful of keeping a neat area, he picked up the extracted coupons and recipes in one hand, and the gutted remnants of the magazine in the other, walked to the kitchen, prepared to put each respective item in its place; coupons in his shoulder bag (fashionable yet masculine, though not overly so), recipes in the folder of other collected culinary gems, and the spent magazine in the trash.

Upon arriving in the kitchen, in one swift move, Tasty promptly deposited the coupons and recipes in the trash receptacle and placed the skeletal remains of the magazine in the folder.

Satisfied with his decisiveness in dispatching the magazine, he smugly returned to his comfortable sofa, fresh cup of tea in hand, ruminated over his accomplishment, and then 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😡 😡 😖.

The End

Tasty was pleased to see the local grocery store’s quarterly magazine of recipes and coupons arrive with the daily mail delivery. Something about potentially trimming items from an actual glossy publication made him feel…comforted somehow.

Retrieving the scissors from the Christmas wrapping paper storage box, filled with delightful anticipation, the unusually handsome and intellectually gifted middle-aged man flipped the pages, slowly, dismissing this dish, that promise of savings, until he landed on a keeper, then he skillfully employed the cutter, deftly removing each bit of interest, to be saved for later use.

Happy with himself, and always mindful of keeping a neat area, he picked up the extracted coupons and recipes in one hand, and the gutted remnants of the magazine in the other, walked to the kitchen, prepared to put each respective item in its place; coupons in his shoulder bag (fashionable yet masculine, though not overly so), recipes in the folder of other collected culinary gems, and the spent magazine in the trash.

Upon arriving in the kitchen, in one swift move, Tasty promptly deposited the coupons and recipes in the trash receptacle and placed the skeletal remains of the magazine in the folder.

Satisfied with his decisiveness in dispatching the magazine, he smugly returned to his comfortable sofa, fresh cup of tea in hand, ruminated over his accomplishment, and then 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😡 😡 😖.

The End
You should have been a writer!! Now I feel like I want to trim cupons from magazines too! :laugh:

Addendum to the above post, based on observations by the Rt. Hon. caseydog and the Rt. Hon.karadekoolaid :
"We both observed, with considerable trepidation and heavy heart, the exaggerated joy with which TastyReuben received his quarterly magazine and proceeded to eviscerate it with somewhat over-enthusiastic glee. Whilst we had noted his somewhat eccentric behaviour during the past few months, initially we recorded this as a reaction to the extended winter months of solitude, isolated from humanity in the darkest, most obscure enclaves of South Western Ohio, with nothing more to amuse himself but a gallon jar of deep-fried pickles, 47 unmatched cups and saucers and a photograph of the Tower of London. Notwithstanding, our legitimate concerns deepened when he placed his recently extirpated coupons in a "shoulder bag" and skipped off to the scullery.
"Has he completely lost his marbles?" Exclaimed caseydog.
"Just pass me another beer" muttered karadekoolaid, " he must have had too many Harrod´s strawberry shortcakes..."

(The tale continues...)

Last edited:
Addendum to the above post, based on observations by the Rt. Hon. caseydog and the Rt. Hon.karadekoolaid :

"We both observed, with considerable trepidation and heavy heart, the exaggerated joy with which TastyReuben received his quarterly magazine and proceeded to eviscerate it with somewhat over-enthusiastic glee. Whilst we had noted his somewhat eccentric behaviour during the past few months, initially we recorded this as a reaction to the extended winter months of solitude, isolated from humanity in the darkest, most obscure enclaves of Northern Ohio, with nothing more to amuse himself but a gallon jar of deep-fried pickles, 47 unmatched cups and saucers and a photograph of the Tower of London. Notwithstanding, our legitimate concerns deepened when he placed his recently extirpated coupons in a "shoulder bag" and skipped off to the scullery.
"Has he completely lost his marbles?" Exclaimed caseydog.
"Just pass me another beer" muttered karadekoolaid, " he must have had too many Harrod´s strawberry shortcakes..."

(The tale continues...)
That’s so completely off the mark - I’m in southwestern Ohio! No comment on the remainder… :whistling:

Husband made an appointment today for our roof to be checked to see how many solar panels can fit on it. But he doesn't know when it was today, who it was or what their phone number is. So I am basically waiting all day to see who shows up. I love him dearly but his chaos can be a little difficult at times :scratchhead:
How exciting! I’m in the process of getting rooftop solar here - the panels and inverter are installed, but we need to wait for the snow to melt to complete the rooftop work. Then an inspection, and I think then we’re allowed to energize the system!

I’ve wanted rooftop solar since we bought the house (most recent in a long line of efficiency upgrades). So excited to finally be able to afford it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom