The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chronicles of Getting Old, Chapter 17:

Tasty was pleased to see the local grocery store’s quarterly magazine of recipes and coupons arrive with the daily mail delivery. Something about potentially trimming items from an actual glossy publication made him feel…comforted somehow.

Retrieving the scissors from the Christmas wrapping paper storage box, filled with delightful anticipation, the unusually handsome and intellectually gifted middle-aged man flipped the pages, slowly, dismissing this dish, that promise of savings, until he landed on a keeper, then he skillfully employed the cutter, deftly removing each bit of interest, to be saved for later use.

Happy with himself, and always mindful of keeping a neat area, he picked up the extracted coupons and recipes in one hand, and the gutted remnants of the magazine in the other, walked to the kitchen, prepared to put each respective item in its place; coupons in his shoulder bag (fashionable yet masculine, though not overly so), recipes in the folder of other collected culinary gems, and the spent magazine in the trash.

Upon arriving in the kitchen, in one swift move, Tasty promptly deposited the coupons and recipes in the trash receptacle and placed the skeletal remains of the magazine in the folder.

Satisfied with his decisiveness in dispatching the magazine, he smugly returned to his comfortable sofa, fresh cup of tea in hand, ruminated over his accomplishment, and then 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😡 😡 😖.

The End
I was cutting herbs last night and threw the leaves in the trash bin and the stems in the bowl...then stood there for a few seconds after realizing what I'd done before opening the refrigerator and starting over. Duh...we all have our moments!

then stood there for a few seconds after realizing what I'd done
That’s sort of the worst part - when you stand there for about three seconds, thinking, “I know something’s wrong, but I’m not quite sure what it is…oh, there we go, eat the thyme leaves, throw the sticks out, not the other way round…”

I love Weber Grills customer service. I just ordered parts for my 22-year old Genesis gas grill. They have them in stock, and I'll have them next week.

CD

Our son bought his weber about 2? Years ago and loves it. We went to daughters new joint on Sunday. On the decking was a brand new weber. I'm the only 1 that doesn't have one. :(

Russ

I ordered 7 different bouquets, 6 are for future gifts.
This is what I chose for myself:
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG
IMG_2707.JPG

This is so lovely!

One day to go: got a call from the IBD nurse telling me that , indeed, I have antibodies to Remicade.

Well * surprised pikachu* . I told them I had been on the stuff before and that means an allergic reaction as I had last month is most likely due to antibodies. I already asked back then if continuing was useful and they said yes. Now suddenly it's no, you were right.

So now I need to get a new type of this medicine, and she's scrambling to get it through so I can still get it tomorrow.
I hope she gets it done, I need my meds!

Edit: She did. Starting Stelara tomorrow.
And in other good news, if that goes well by drip infusion it can later be done by an injection every 8 weeks saving me half a day sitting around waiting for the meds to be given.

Last edited:
I'm officially unimpressed with the forecast for this weekend!

Screenshot_20230316_210400_Weatherzone+.jpg

The cinema is being booked for Sunday!
(37°C is body temp for those Fahrenheiters , so 38°C is 2F above body temp. So 100½F (OTTOMH).

Mind you that said, it's still 21°C (70F) outside, dark and not a breath of wind and 9pm. It's going to be a muggy night tonight as well.

I'm officially unimpressed with the forecast for this weekend!
We had a warm blast a few days ago, but since then, it’s been back in the deep freeze. I see your forecast, and I’m ok with the cold!

Today is reasonable, though, with a high of 58F/15C and sunny. I’m talking half a day off this afternoon.

We had a warm blast a few days ago, but since then, it’s been back in the deep freeze. I see your forecast, and I’m ok with the cold!

Today is reasonable, though, with a high of 58F/15C and sunny. I’m talking half a day off this afternoon.

A cold front is coming through today from the West. Severe weather is likely lat afternoon and evening. Cold weather behind it, with a possible freeze the night of Saturday/Sunday. That's not normal here -- well, the freeze part.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom