The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to smile. Hubby was meant to buy food to eat on the plane home. He didn't. So he was going to go off into the city to find something to eat before driving home...
Screenshot_20230526_174753_Messages.jpg

You can't get rid of Blakes's 7.... nooooooooo

<err, then again I think we got rid of all of ours back 12 years ago when we cleared out, we'll you all know that story!>
Fortunately, we can stream (and are doing so) Blake’s 7 on BritBox (and The Champions as well)!

One of my ex-wife's favorite phrases, "But we might need that someday."
I've a feeling that's what girls were taught at school in "Home Economics" classes. My wife repeats it constantly, my mum had a boatload of old junk in her bedroom, the garage and the summer house, and my aunt came over when we were cleaning the bungalow out asking me to "save" this and that. These days, if I see something hasn't been used in a year or so, it's out. IF (and it's highly unlikely) the wife ever asks the answer is to plead ignorance or blame it on the gardener, the cleaner, the plumber, etc. :laugh: :laugh:

Is
Fortunately, we can stream (and are doing so) Blake’s 7 on BritBox (and The Champions as well)!
Is Britbox any good? We've been considering subscribing to it for a while. (Do they offer a referrer any credit or reward? If they do, you could DM me a link and if we subscribe you'd benefit).

Is

Is Britbox any good? We've been considering subscribing to it for a while. (Do they offer a referrer any credit or reward? If they do, you could DM me a link and if we subscribe you'd benefit).
We like it quite a bit. We also have Acorn (another Brit streaming service), and we think BB has programming that’s more suited to us, and I think a larger library, plus a larger “live” broadcast. They showed the coronation in real time, for example.

Acorn is good as well, and they have a fair amount of Australian programming as well. I’m not sure if that’s available to you (I don’t think so), but we seem to watch more on BB.

I don’t think they have a referral reward, thanks though. Also, you can order it through other streamers, like Amazon Prime and Apple. We originally ordered it through Apple, but it was such a pain managing the account that we cancelled it after a couple of months and signed up again direct with BB.

I think they also offer a free week trialing period.

We like it quite a bit. We also have Acorn (another Brit streaming service), and we think BB has programming that’s more suited to us, and I think a larger library, plus a larger “live” broadcast. They showed the coronation in real time, for example.

Acorn is good as well, and they have a fair amount of Australian programming as well. I’m not sure if that’s available to you (I don’t think so), but we seem to watch more on BB.

I don’t think they have a referral reward, thanks though. Also, you can order it through other streamers, like Amazon Prime and Apple. We originally ordered it through Apple, but it was such a pain managing the account that we cancelled it after a couple of months and signed up again direct with BB.

I think they also offer a free week trialing period.

I had Acorn for a while, but once I had watched all of Poirot, I cancelled it. :laugh:

CD

I’ve tried the one year or out method and the Marie Kondo method where you only keep things that give “spark joy” and neither work..
I get absolutely no spark joy from the drain cleaning rods but I am thrilled I’ve not used them for over a year! 😂
We are having a huge clear out as we decorate room by room. I halved my clothes on the grounds that I heven't worn thrm for ages, and this afternoon I discarded a huge pile of CDs by simply looking at them in my hand and asking myself if I am ever likely to play them again.

We are having a huge clear out as we decorate room by room. I halved my clothes on the grounds that I heven't worn thrm for ages, and this afternoon I discarded a huge pile of CDs by simply looking at them in my hand and asking myself if I am ever likely to play them again.
You still have music CD’s?
I last saw one in 2003 😂

I sorted my socks out just yesterday and have an embarrassing amount, reckon I could go three months or more without doing a sock wash, I wouldn’t of course but there’s enough 😬
Not as nice as your mighty wool collection though, I have sock green eye 😆

I don't have any socks at all :scratchhead:. Although I've lots of tights in every colour of the rainbow...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom