The kitchen gadget drawer

Here are some cooking accessories that I rarely use. They are years old and look like new - Pot Holders.

View attachment 56620

I have been using wash clothes, which are very cheap, costing less than $2.00 USD for about 10 in a pack. I use wash clothes for everything, holding hot stuff and cleaning up - and don't use Paper Towels either.
I'm the opposite - I go through paper towels like nobody's business, about a roll every other day.

Here's a pair of orange silicone mittens that my brother is pictured wearing!! Got a pair for him, a friend of ours & for me, all for Christmas!! All orange!! I keep mine in one of the top drawers when not in use.

Last edited:
I bought a food dryer device to help in making my own preserves. A weck kettle is next on my list.

I'm a bit of a prepper so I like making preserves and after I heard this device existed I had to have it. It's currently doing a test run with some apple slices, to see if all works as intented.
I want to use it to reduce any waste we have, and preserve foods to last us longer. Very happy with it!

I got this dehydrator rack to use with the Ninja Foodi when I want to dehydrate certain foods!!! :whistling:

I recently had to strain cooked and mashed raspberry and wine to create a raspberry wine coulis. One of these three strainers is what I finally elected to use for straining.

full.jpg

I recently had to strain cooked and mashed raspberry and wine to create a raspberry wine coulis. One of these three strainers is what I finally elected to use for straining.

View attachment 57849
I have that same set! I used to have a sifter for flour, but now I use this set to sift flour when I bake, depending on how much flour that I might need when I bake. :whistling:

I was looking for a box slicer and found this thing which I ordered.

full.jpg

It turns out to be a type of mandoline slicer with a v slicing tool.

It is listed as a 5 in 1 kit from the brand name Octpeak, having these interchangeable blades...

full.jpg

I don't know whether I'll put this to good use yet. After I get a bigger kitchen space, I may go for a food processor.

Kitchen cleaning gear is likely not much talked about, but I do have some things in the gadget drawer for that.

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom