Recipe The official Coronation quiche

Good luck with your quiche!

Finally made it today. I found the ingredient quantities, particularly the beans, were not right. I used almost double the weight of beans.

I've not tasted it yet as I plan to photograph it tomorrow and then sample. I did have a bit of a leakage of the filling (due to my mobility issues when I put it in the oven). So, I think some of the base might be a bit soggy... :(

Finally made it today. I found the ingredient quantities, particularly the beans, were not right. I used almost double the weight of beans.

I've not tasted it yet as I plan to photograph it tomorrow and then sample. I did have a bit of a leakage of the filling (due to my mobility issues when I put it in the oven). So, I think some of the base might be a bit soggy... :(

I just baked a quiche, too. I took a picture of the whole quiche, but need to let it completely firm up before taking a slice picture. I at a slice, and it was good. Mine is a TexMex oriented quiche.

I'll post pictures somewhere later.

CD

It turned out OK. I used a really extra strong Cheddar which I think helped the taste (and used slightly more than the recipe stated). The quantity of beans stated in the official recipe is meagre. I doubled the quantity as otherwise it was a scant handful. Unfortunately, I don't think the taste of broad beans comes through. I thought they would, so this surprised me.

My daughter came round and picked up a few slices to try tomorrow so I will see what she thinks regarding the broad bean taste.

I really liked the tarragon taste which was subtle and worked well with the spinach.

fullsizeoutput_831e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_831c.jpeg

Unfortunately, I don't think the taste of broad beans comes through.
What I noticed more was the texture of the beans, that smooth creaminess (or creamy smoothness) that a nice, fat bean has.

That looks lovely as well!

What I noticed more was the texture of the beans, that smooth creaminess (or creamy smoothness) that a nice, fat bean has.

That looks lovely as well!

Daughter said she could taste the broad beans but she thought the texture of the quiche 'a bit dense'.

Back
Top Bottom