The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

You all know I don't like Christmas but Christmas chocolate is still chocolate
IMG_20201127_215017.jpg

I love the mug 😍
The sad thing is...they don't make those any longer, and I'm a definite butterfingers - I've dropped those about six times this season alone, and I'm terrified I'm going to break one.

Kudos to Harrod's customer service, BTW. they're great. MrsT wanted me to find out if the coffee, since it's labeled "After-Dinner Coffee," might be decaf, so I emailed them.

Now, American department store customer service, I'd have likely gotten a one-sentence, terse reply, with no salutation or signature: "No, it is not decaf."

Harrod's sent me a three-paragraph reply, explaining that it isn't decaf, why it isn't decaf, and apologizing for it not being decaf, and sincerely wishing that we're able to enjoy the coffee regardless. :)

A response like that warranted a reply from me, assuring them that we'd enjoying it just fine, and we'd just relabel it "After-Rising" coffee in our minds.

That got me another half-page email, commending us on our creativity and adaptability! :)

Gotta love it! ❤️ 🇬🇧

Due to covid regulations and the fact that over half the workforce will be off, the company party on the last day has been cancelled, not worth going in really.

Due to covid regulations and the fact that over half the workforce will be off, the company party on the last day has been cancelled, not worth going in really.

The best part of Christmas for me when I worked in the corporate world, was the Christmas party, and the last day of work before Christmas.

Our CEO always had a big Christmas party at his Country Club. Great food, free drinks at the Christmas party. All 300-plus employees invited, with their significant others. I'm sure it cost thousands of dollars, but that was his way of saying "thank you" to all the people who made it all work.

The last day of work before Christmas in my department was getting paid to be merry. Our vendors brought us all kinds of amazing foods. When you pay $40,000 a month for one page of advertising in the top PC magazines, they take good care of you. We ate very well during the holidays. We also made a wassail with booze from one of our team member's recipes.

CD

Tasters mate we came to a compromise. We needed another fan for the balcony so we bought this . Mrs B said she will decorate it later today.We bought some flashing light which I will fix around the rim and some tinsel from the mesh so when we switch and it oscillates it's disco time.
1606905532335.png

The best part of Christmas for me when I worked in the corporate world, was the Christmas party, and the last day of work before Christmas.

Our CEO always had a big Christmas party at his Country Club. Great food, free drinks at the Christmas party. All 300-plus employees invited, with their significant others. I'm sure it cost thousands of dollars, but that was his way of saying "thank you" to all the people who made it all work.

The last day of work before Christmas in my department was getting paid to be merry. Our vendors brought us all kinds of amazing foods. When you pay $40,000 a month for one page of advertising in the top PC magazines, they take good care of you. We ate very well during the holidays. We also made a wassail with booze from one of our team member's recipes.

CD

Normally last day, we all bring in food-management pay for drinks, we gather to chat etc...the boss gives a speech and we then leave about 11.30.

Back
Top Bottom