Guys
If you can get together do so.
It is such fun to actually put a face to someone you only communicate with via a forum.
I belong to a gardening forum (not as good as this one)
One of the members lives in Houston, TX. She is originally from NOLA. Her Mother still lives in NOLA. A couple of years ago she stopped in Lafayette on her way to visit her Mother . We met for lunch. Lunch extended to dinner
We visited for 6 hours and never ran out of things to talk about. Of course we talked about gardening. We also talked about food and cooking, family, life experiences. Anything and everything except politics and religion.
If - no - WHEN you get together plan on an extended visit
When people with shared passions get together the mouth runneth over

I met a guy from a horse racing forum in his home town about 15 years ago, we met at the races, he's a real funny guy and we txt almost daily. He is now racing greyhounds.When he's in Chch he and his girl friend stay at my house. I've met about 8 people from that forum.

Russ

Guys
It is such fun to actually put a face to someone you only communicate with via a forum.
One of the members lives in Houston, TX. She is originally from NOLA. Her Mother still lives in NOLA. A couple of years ago she stopped in Lafayette on her way to visit her Mother . We met for lunch. Lunch extended to dinner
We visited for 6 hours and never ran out of things to talk about. Of course we talked about gardening. We also talked about food and cooking, family, life experiences. Anything and everything except politics and religion.

Just remembered I met a guy from Australia over the net. He asked for my advice on breeding crosses etc. when he came ove here I ran him around and helped him. Later that year I went to Sydney and he picked me up and took me to the races. Havnt met an axe murderer yet?? :)

Russ

Guys

Im going to try and organize something for the end of summer. Real busy right now.

Im actually headed to Chicago on a few minutes. My other forum, pokerchipforum.com is having a meet up. 35 of us are meeting for four days showing off poker chips, gambling, ect....

20190716_191059.jpg

Back
Top Bottom