Handful of fresh green pods
1 parsley root
1 slice of celery root
Half a sweet potato
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon of Sunflower oil

Dumplings' ingredients:
1 egg
Buckwheat flour (2 Tablespoons or more until consistency is right)
Breeze of curry powder mix (turmeric, anise, garlic, fenugreek, cinnamon, chilli, cardamom)

Preparation:

Place the parsley root and celery root slice on heated oil. Finely slice green pods, add to the pan. Season. Add boiling water. Have it cook for about 10 minutes.

If you wish to deep fry some of the green pods, you may slice them lengthwise and precook them in the soup. Then take out and deep fry as usual, I used flour, egg, bread crumbs.

Put the dumplings to cook too. You may do that at the very end. I did midway, so took them out in a minute. Put in the sweet potato in chunks, let it cook until soft, about 20-25 minutes. Mash with a fork, taste and add seasoning if necessary.

You may add a few drops of fresh lemon juice both to the soup and the fried pods if you wish. Or possibly yoghurt and/or cream.

Vegetarian it is, it might easily be turned into vegan, just by leaving out the egg and dairy on the sides.

Dobar tek (that is Enjoy Your Meal in Croatian).

Put the dumplings to cook too. You may do that at the very end. I did midway, so took them out in a minute. Put in the sweet potato in chunks, let it cook until soft, about 20-25 minutes. Mash with a fork, taste and add seasoning if necessary.
I assume you blend the dumpling ingredients together, and drop them into the water. How big are the dumplings? Do you use a tablespoon or something similar?

terrific recipe, by the way. I like how the naturally sweet ingredients play here. Plus, the peapods uncut are large enough to stir the soup in the pot. :okay:

I assume you blend the dumpling ingredients together, and drop them into the water. How big are the dumplings? Do you use a tablespoon or something similar?

terrific recipe, by the way. I like how the naturally sweet ingredients play here. Plus, the peapods uncut are large enough to stir the soup in the pot. :okay:
Yes yes, exactly, I use a fork and lend the egg, flour and curry together, then spoon them into the soup. Yes, I used a tablespoon... uncooked the dumplings are teaspoon size, cooked they get bigger, a3/4 of a tablespoon I'd say.

Aww thank you so much! I really liked the idea and later the taste of the sweet potato and the green pods, and the celery and parsley roots undertaste is lovely.
Well yes, they were gianormous, I measured the one uncooked one, in case someone asks, 23 cm length...and the shop owner was right, they are excellent (Italian green pods he said), delicate and sweet and the smell while cutting them was incredibly fresh...
:happy:

Back
Top Bottom