Recipe Tofu. Korean Style.

bburned

Local time
5:51 AM
Korean Braised Tofu. I dont have many vegan dishes, but here is one.

spicy, nutty. very good. I rarely get much because my wife eats it while I do dishes.

k tofu.jpg

Is this something you make or are buying? I'd love to know the recipe if you're making it.
i make it. actually have it memorized. i use a wok.

Tofu preparation
cut tofu. i used firm tofu.
pat it dry and pan fry them until they turn kinda golden. i set them aside since i dont want to crowd pan/wok while i cook in batches

Sauce ingredients
3 tablespoons of soy sauce,
3 tablespoons of water. maybe 4
1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
1 tablespoon of sweet mirin.
1/4 tablespoon of sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of Korean chili flake, Gogjajaru (or something)
2 chopped green onions.

Sauce method
mix all ingredients up.

Assembly
now when the tofu is all done, i put them all back into pan/wok, get it hot and dump in the sauce, and it immediately sizzles. toss toss toss toss for about 30 seconds-minute.
plate it up.
garnish with sesame seeds (i always forget this step) and some greens..more green onion tops or cilantro?

Last edited by a moderator:
i make it. actually have it memorized. i use a wok.

cut tofu. i used firm tofu.
pat it dry and pan fry them until they turn kinda golden. i set them aside since i dont want to crowd pan/wok while i cook in batches

sauce is easy. 3 tablespoons of soy sauce,
3 tablespoons of water. maybe 4
1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
1 tablespoon of sweet mirin.
1/4 tablespoon of sugar
i do a big tablespoon of Korean chili flake. Gogjajaru (or something)
2 chopped green onions.
mix it up.

now when the tofu is all done, i put them all back into pan/wok, get it hot and dump in the sauce. and it imeediately sizzles. toss toss toss toss for about 30 seconds-minute. plate it up.

garnish with sesame seeds (i always forget this step) and some greens..more green onion tops or cilantro?
Nice, I have all the ingredients except for the Tofu. I may try it this weekend!
Koreans love their green onions, I'm sure its just garnished with more green onions (tops, finely sliced) rather than cilantro.

WOW!! there is a recipe editing format?! hahahha..

i thought this was for fun. next time i'll use random units and stuff. :)

WOW!! there is a recipe editing format?! hahahha..

i thought this was for fun. next time i'll use random units and stuff. :)
Yes, of course. The standard format makes for much easier reading across the site, and the “Recipe” (or “Recipe & Video”) prefix helps with searching.

You can click the User Guidelines and Rules link at the bottom of the page; #21 covers recipe formatting. As to the format itself, the easiest thing is to pull up an existing recipe and use that as a guide. It’s a pretty simple format.

Gochugaru is the hot chili powder. I'd probably use Gochujang, which is a paste. I think it has more flavor.

Back
Top Bottom