Recipe Tuscan Garlic Chicken

Local time
7:49 AM
So I always have chicken in my freezer and sometimes will make cuts of my own chicken breast for quick and easy meals. I thought I'd have a look at Pinterest for some ideas and immediately this recipe pops up. I love garlic and once I saw garlic and chicken I thought this is something I could easily whip up.

Tuscan-Garlic-Front-View-jpg.jpg

Ingredients

Meat
  • 4 Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
Produce
  • 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
  • 1 tbsp Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
  • 1 Red bell pepper
  • 6 oz Spinach, fresh
Canned Goods
  • 1/2 cup Chicken broth, low-sodium
Pasta & Grains
  • 1 lb Fettuccine
Baking & Spices
  • 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp Cornstarch
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp Salt
Oils & Vinegars
  • 5 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
Dairy
  • 1/2 cup Heavy cream
  • 1 cup Milk, low fat
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a shallow pie plate or similar dish, combine the flour, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture until both sides are well coated.
  3. In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat until the oil is hot and shimmering. Carefully place the chicken breasts in the pan, cooking them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden and browned but not cooked all the way through (they’ll finish up in the oven). Don’t scoot the chicken around once you lay it in the hot oil! Let the oil work it’s magic to sear the crust on the chicken. If you get all antsy and try flipping too early and/or moving the chicken around the pan, the breading is lightly to fall off. Gently remove the chicken to a foil-lined, lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and tent with foil until ready to use.
  4. While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pot of water to a boil and add the noodles, cooking until al dente. Also, wipe out the skillet with a couple paper towels and return it to medium heat, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and bell pepper, sauteing for 2-3 minutes.
  5. Stir in one tablespoon flour and stir constantly while cooking for another minute. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring the mixture to a low simmer, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. In a small liquid measure, whisk together the cornstarch and cream. Add the spinach, milk and cream mixture to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened, about 2-4 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
  6. When the pasta has finished cooking, drain and return it to the pot. Toss the pasta with half of the cheese sauce. Place some of the coated pasta on each plate. Top with a breaded chicken breast and spoon some of the sauce over the top of the chicken and pasta. Serve immediately.

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/tuscan-garlic-chicken/

Last edited:
So I always have chicken in my freezer and sometimes will make cuts of my own chicken breast for quick and easy meals. I thought I'd have a look at Pinterest for some ideas and immediately this recipe pops up. I love garlic and once I saw garlic and chicken I thought this is something I could easily whip up.

Tuscan-Garlic-Front-View-jpg.jpg

Ingredients

Meat
  • 4 Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
Produce
  • 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
  • 1 tbsp Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
  • 1 Red bell pepper
  • 6 oz Spinach, fresh
Canned Goods
  • 1/2 cup Chicken broth, low-sodium
Pasta & Grains
  • 1 lb Fettuccine
Baking & Spices
  • 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp Cornstarch
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp Salt
Oils & Vinegars
  • 5 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
Dairy
  • 1/2 cup Heavy cream
  • 1 cup Milk, low fat
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/tuscan-garlic-chicken/
Method?

I just love this recipe. It looks very appetizing. I like the ingredients and spices that are used. It would definitely be a quick and easy meal to prepare However, I now look forward to seeing the method used in coming up with this combination.

That looks very good. I like chicken and pasta together. It is just one of the very good ways to combine foods. I would make this, as it does not seem difficult to do. I also like the fact that it doesn't call for an excessive amount of ingredient. It is one of the things that I look for when making something.

Thanks Judge @morning glory. I added the directions. In my haste I neglected to add the instructions. Of course I am a 'do as you please' girl when it comes to cooking so I would probably do my own thing as I go along.

That looks very good. I like chicken and pasta together. It is just one of the very good ways to combine foods. I would make this, as it does not seem difficult to do. I also like the fact that it doesn't call for an excessive amount of ingredient. It is one of the things that I look for when making something.

I'm the same - I love chicken and pasta together, I guess to me it just feels like a complete meal - a good protein and some carbs and I'm a happy camper! This really does look yummy - and it's all stuff that I regularly buy anyway, no weirdly long ingredient list with things I'll never use!

That's definitely something I look for when I see a new recipe - it has to be practical!

I'm the same - I love chicken and pasta together, I guess to me it just feels like a complete meal - a good protein and some carbs and I'm a happy camper! This really does look yummy - and it's all stuff that I regularly buy anyway, no weirdly long ingredient list with things I'll never use!

That's definitely something I look for when I see a new recipe - it has to be practical!

I agree re not having to buy special ingredients. A definite plus point! But for me, (having looked at the source recipe - the author was attempting to reduce calories), I'd be inclined to leave out the heavy cream. I think it would work just fine without that. My only other criticism (I'm the Judge so I'm allowed :D) is that like many American recipes, the bell peppers seem to be barely cooked. Are they supposed to be crunchy in a creamy sauce? The photo looks like they are fairly thinly sliced but recipe doesn't state.

Back
Top Bottom