Types of cheese for pizza

garlic oil brushed pizza dough with fresh mozzarella and pecorino romano topped with sweated leeks and thinly sliced porchetta (think like prosciutto thin), baked in a super hot oven or grill, then pulled out and 2 or 3 raw eggs placed around the pizza, yolks broken, and the pizza tilted around until the egg whites and yolks run everywhere and are basically pretty much cooked from the heat of the pizza.
That doesn´t sound like a pizza to me.

Sounds like a work of art!:bravo::bravo::bravo:

That doesn´t sound like a pizza to me.

Sounds like a work of art!:bravo::bravo::bravo:
We make a lot of fusion pizza. Especially grilled. There is one with
crawfish tails seasoned with some blackening spice, homemade andouille sausage, thin sliced red onion, roasted red bell strips, and drizzled with a sauce of apricot preserves, cider vinegar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. It can be made with shrimp and I would use Royal Reds.

I used a lot of cornmeal as the dusting flour and "kind of" as a "topping" and pressed it into the crust to create texture.

The pizza dough recipe I usually use calls for 1/4 cup (could be 1/2 cup, memory fails, but I'm pretty sure it's 1/4) coarse corn meal IN the dough and then uses scattered coarse corn meal on the peel so some always sticks to the bottom of the dough and kind of makes a crust. The corn meal in the dough adds texture and support to the dough framework. Sometimes, I use fine corn meal (AKA corn flour) in the dough if I don't have the coarse, but you have to add more water if you do that because the corn meal just sucks up the liquid. Fine corn meal doesn't work on the peel though.

We make a lot of fusion pizza. Especially grilled. There is one with
crawfish tails seasoned with some blackening spice, homemade andouille sausage, thin sliced red onion, roasted red bell strips, and drizzled with a sauce of apricot preserves, cider vinegar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. It can be made with shrimp and I would use Royal Reds.
I would personally have to leave off the preserves, but the rest sounds absolutely divine! No cheese?

Corn meal on the bottom works great in conventional ovens, and I like the little added textural element. For pizza ovens at very high temperatures (e.g., wood burning or Ooni or similar), it unfortunately burns amazingly quickly, not a good thing. Flour is the best peel release for that.

I don't eat sweet stuff with meat or seafood. I know a lot of people like sweet and savoury together. I am not one of them.

Okay, fair enough, but with the Sriracha, vinegar and hot pepper flakes mixed in with the preserves, plus the blackening spice on the shrim, andouille and the red onions, there's just a tiny hint of sweetness to it.

Okay, fair enough, but with the Sriracha, vinegar and hot pepper flakes mixed in with the preserves, plus the blackening spice on the shrim, andouille and the red onions, there's just a tiny hint of sweetness to it.
If someone put it down in front of me I would probably not turn it down, LOL!

No sweet potato and marshmallow with Thanksgiving? :D :D
Oh h*77 no I hate sweet potatoes and I hate marshmallows. The two together is a revolting idea.

I also hate yams, cooked carrots, sweet squashes like spaghetti squash, etc.

Oh h*77 no I hate sweet potatoes and I hate marshmallows. The two together is a revolting idea.

I also hate yams, cooked carrots, sweet squashes like spaghetti squash, etc.
I remember something my mom would make when I was young. Scrape out a bunch of squash "spaghetti" heat it and put some salt, melted butter, and brown sugar on it. Holy swear word, That swear word is delicious! Kind of like a dessert

I remember something my mom would make when I was young. Scrape out a bunch of squash "spaghetti" heat it and put some salt, melted butter, and brown sugar on it. Holy swear word, That swear word is delicious! Kind of like a dessert
I've tried them all every way you can think of, ugh. No way. My family loves it all and my mom used to torture me by making me sit at the table until I ate it, but after 1 gagging bite, I refused and finally she gave up and sent me to bed hungry.

When I first got with my husband he made it for me like you described. I tried it just to appease him since it had been so long since I'd tried it and it was as awful as I remembered.

I hope those of you who like these foods realize that I know I'm in the minority and I'm the one with the weird tastes.

Edited to add I love courgettes (zucchini and yellow summer squash).

Oh yeah: I hate pumpkin, too. Especially pumpkin pie.

Back
Top Bottom