Recipe Vegan Avocado & Pistachio Dessert

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:32 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I had a couple of "misfits" avocados that were almost ripe and really needed using up. They tend to be best used in something rather than eaten as is with them being "seconds" so to speak. There's usually ouly bruising or size issues with them or they have skin problems that just mean people won't pay top $ for them despite them being fine to eat...
And as I was looking for a needle in a haystack (aka vegan pistachio recipes that are not pesto related) I came across this recipe by the Unconventional Baker. Vegan Pistachio Pudding (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free) I've adapted it slightly. I didn't have almond extract or coconut water but I did have an open container of coconut cream so used that instead. Serves 2.

Ingredients
1 ripe avocado, flesh only
35g pistachios, soaked overnight
3-5 tbsp maple syrup
5-8 tbsp coconut cream (you can just use water or coconut water if you want)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp rose water (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 lemon zest
pinch of salt

Method
  1. Strain the pistachios if you have soaked them overnight (it is best to if you are using a food processer but you can get away without if you have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix and the smoothie containers.)
  2. Add everything to your blending container. Stick with the lower end of the weights or volumes and add more to taste after blending. Blend until smooth.
  3. decant into serving vessel, and put in to the fridge or freezer for upto 1 hr.
  4. Decorate to serve.

Back
Top Bottom