Vending Machines

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
10:16 AM
The company vending machine is out of contract so we are looking to replace it. What a mine field :o_o:

Our vending changes from month to month depending on temp staff/holidays etc...

So far 4 companies have been in to see us, 1 couldn't help (?), 1 is offering great things but they are dependant on us buying more drinks-once people realise how good the drinks are they will want to buy more-it doesn't work like that :headshake:

We are now down to 2 plus our current provider want to pop in for a chat, probably just coincidence as we had asked about cancelling with them. Just need to see who can give us a better offer.

Can anyone offer some advice? We charge 25 pence per vend, maybe take it up to 30 pence if accepted and quality was better.

Don't know anything about drinks vending machines - except that unfortunately the tea, coffee etc. is usually horrible. But maybe things have moved on since I last used one (she says,hopefully).

Don't know anything about drinks vending machines - except that unfortunately the tea, coffee etc. is usually horrible. But maybe things have moved on since I last used one (she says,hopefully).

They are not the best.
When people complain about them tasting horrible I tell them to go to Costa or Starbucks and see what they can get for 25p!

Shop around. The last time I bought anything from a vending machine, was a sandwhich when I was in a hospital waiting to see a doctor & the cafeteria was closed. The food is pretty bad.

Last edited:
Tell them you want a short term contract to try them out. I can't believe they are so busy they would turn down a new customer. It's a reasonable request given your current issues. Also, tell them you want a cancellation clause stating if there are quality/service issues that they have 15 days to remedy or termination, and with option for you to cancel contract outright on second or third issue.

I've done this with a service-based business, not vending, and the new company was motivated to keep standards up due to the termination clauses.

Tell them you want a short term contract to try them out. I can't believe they are so busy they would turn down a new customer. It's a reasonable request given your current issues. Also, tell them you want a cancellation clause stating if there are quality/service issues that they have 15 days to remedy or termination, and with option for you to cancel contract outright on second or third issue.

I've done this with a service-based business, not vending, and the new company was motivated to keep standards up due to the termination clauses.

I didn't know this was an option.

Good advice I think. :okay: That is - if it can be pulled off. I think most will insist on contracts but its certainly worth a try.

I have copied this and will pass it by my boss, see what she thinks :okay:

One of the hotels that I've recently stayed in because of the fire, there is this vending machine that sells sodas. I wanted a diet soda cause I was so thirsty!

The machine has what looks like a scammer's work of a make-shift credit / debit card thing, so I didn't use it!!! :headshake:

The machine has what looks like a scammer's work of a make-shift credit / debit card thing, so I didn't use it!!! :headshake:
Smart man. When a machine takes your money, the owner of the establishment usually says to refer to the contact info on the vending machine to get your money back. I've tried that before, and I ended up on the phone with them for half an hour, trying to find someone who know how to process a refund. I'm sure that making it difficult is the point: the customer gives up without getting either the product or their money back. It worked that way for me. :mad:

The company vending machine is out of contract so we are looking to replace it. What a mine field :o_o:

Can anyone offer some advice? We charge 25 pence per vend, maybe take it up to 30 pence if accepted and quality was better.

Where I work, we create our own vending system. One employee goes out and buys a lot of bulk items. (After a while, it is easy to see trends in food item purchases.) Usually, we use a honor system when it comes to paying. For the most part, it works out pretty well.

When I used to visit a company in San Donato (Milanese) they had a coffee vending machine. It was before the Euro so it took Lira coins. At that time the Lira was around 2,500 to the Sterling and most folks never had coins. However, there were a few enterprising lads who would store coins to sell at a significant profit.

Shop floor workers only have 10 minutes break in the morning and afternoon, lunch is 30 minutes so we want to keep things running as smoothly as possible, there is a canteen, microwaves and kettles. We are trying to encourage people to use their own cups to cut down on plastic/paper cup waste.

Back
Top Bottom