What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I thought about getting a few pieces of that cookware in orange, but the price of them threw me off. It IS expensive!! Hah!! :ninja::unsure:

There is a Le Crueset outlet store near me. All of my stuff is "factory seconds," but I couldn't find anything wrong with them when I bought them. I paid roughly half price for them.

Still not cheap, but they will outlive me.

CD

There is a Le Crueset outlet store near me. All of my stuff is "factory seconds," but I couldn't find anything wrong with them when I bought them. I paid roughly half price for them.

Still not cheap, but they will outlive me.

CD
Le Crueset cookware DOES last a long time. It's also heavy as heck! Sometimes heavier than Lodge cast iron cookware. But because of the thick enamel coating, if you drop it, it can be ruined. If you don't, it can last practically forever, & ever, & ever. :whistling:

Le Crueset cookware DOES last a long time. It's also heavy as heck! Sometimes heavier than Lodge cast iron cookware. But because of the thick enamel coating, if you drop it, it can be ruined. If you don't, it can last practically forever, & ever, & ever. :whistling:
The weight was exactly the reason my family stopped using them. My mum suffers from polyneuritis and has to give up her career as a district midwife because of it. She also found that lifting heavy cookware was almost impossible even when it was empty.

I may have to get another Food Vacuum Sealer. It works on the Chamber format, where you'd place the bag INSIDE the machine, as opposed to the outside, which is used for larger bags of stuff only. It's relatively cheap, costing only $279!! I'm getting tired of the regular machines acting up at the sealing & vacuum point, so I want to try this one. I bet that it'll be better for me!! :whistling:
Wevac Chamber Vacuum Sealer..jpg

Last edited:
:whistling: Some ovens & grills have that built-in.
Yes mine does....and its absolutely fantastic :thumbsup: On mine you plug the probe into the oven, select the cooking function and programme the final internal temperature you want. The oven then calculates and tells you the expected cooking time...which does take some time because its based on how quickly the it senses the temperature changing in the food. But the best bit is.....the oven turns itself off when the pre-set internal temperature is reached...so even if you don't hear the beeper (or if you've miscalculated and are out when cooking finishes :oops:), there is a much lower chance of overcooking things.

Back
Top Bottom