What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I bought a "multicooker" which is also a slow cooker (and a rice cooker) over 7 years ago.

Review - Philips HD 4746 Multicooker

I used it a few times and it's been in a cupboard now for 5 years.
I thought about a multi cooker but it seems they spend more energy than a slow cooker. My goal is to be able to cook stews without spending so much electricity.

I thought about a multi cooker but it seems they spend more energy than a slow cooker. My goal is to be able to cook stews without spending so much electricity.
It’s perfect for that. It’s also good for cooking something and freeing up the oven for other things when you’re entertaining a group at your house…oh, wait, never mind! :wink:

I have THIS one & a big regular one & the BBQ Pit!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I use THIS to chop meat for burgers or meat loaf!! I just pulse it a few times to get the right consistency. :whistling:

I tried my food processor but the texture was so off...
It helps to partially freeze it. You’ll get a better texture that way. I actually prefer the chopped finished product to the long strands of ground beef we get from the supermarkets here.

It helps to partially freeze it. You’ll get a better texture that way. I actually prefer the chopped finished product to the long strands of ground beef we get from the supermarkets here.
I've read that, but I'm unsure if I should do it because I never grind the meat and use it immediately I always freeze it, so I would end up freezing the meat twice...

When you use a food processor, you chop, or "grind" the meat - either into little pieces, or into a combination of pieces and pulp. It´s a different texture than minced meat, so you can only expect a different result.

When the restaurants "mince" meat here for "laarb" it is normally chopped into very small pieces on a chopping board. E.g. laarb gai - spicy chopped chicken salad.

I resisted getting an air fryer. So fashionable, so culty. But Picky Eater loves hers and insisted my life was incomplete without one. So I broke down and picked one up. I have to admit it does a very good job with things like French fries and onion rings, fast cooking and easy cleanup. Shirred eggs were OK, not great. I haven't tried a Dutch baby yet, but that's likely breakfast tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom