What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Speaking of which, I did a low rent soufflé in the air fryer for dinner tonight. A couple tweaks and it should be ready for Picky Eater. Though she'd prefer chocolate- I think the first time we ever talked, she quizzed me about dark versus light, and I apparently gave the right answer.

Speaking of which, I did a low rent soufflé in the air fryer for dinner tonight. A couple tweaks and it should be ready for Picky Eater. Though she'd prefer chocolate- I think the first time we ever talked, she quizzed me about dark versus light, and I apparently gave the right answer.

View attachment 93369
If I could humbly suggest this soufflé for Ms. PE :
Cream Cheese And Chives Soufflé Ala Jacques Pépin
This was a big hit for me & Mom and couldn't be easier, not fussy at all.

They are comparable in that they both take up space. Similar to other small appliances. I don't use the microwave much at all when hubby is home and I'm not living off microwave meals.
Mostly I'm reheating lukewarm coffee, that's all and given I'm not much of a coffee person, I don't touch the stuff when hubby's home, I have little need for one. Personally I prefer to steam. I don't like clingfilm because it still isn't biodegradable in the vast majority of cases. Thankfully the stuff I have is better that traditionally stuff but still not fantastic.

Plus most of my 'greens' tend only to be blanched or added to other stuff during streaming or cooking. Saturday night peas are an example, they just get boiling water from the kettle poured over them and then left. No extra heat needed. Leaf greens are usual eaten raw or just blanched. Again just pour boiling water over and leave.

My house came with a built-in microwave, so it doesn't use counter space. But, if it didn't I'd probably put it in the laundry room on top of the dryer. I don't use it for much more than warming things.

However, I do use it to steam some vegetables. I don't use plastic, I wrap my veggies in damp paper towels. Paper is bio-degradable and easily recyclable.

CD

Jacques Pepin is always a top-drawer resource. My soufflé was an adaption of one of his.

Cooking my third dinner and fourth meal for Picky Eater this weekend and if I can get this one nailed...
HANG ON!
Are you and Ms. PE spending the weekend together then? :p:

I de-scaled my kettle the other week and noticed the white plastic is starting to get quite a bit discoloured in several places. Its only about 8 years old and isn't a cheap brand so I'm a little disappointed in the quality.

But now I've seen this Smart Kettle I'm actually quite happy that I now have a good excuse to buy one. I'm training myself to get into the habit of refilling the kettle after making a cup of tea, and then I'll be able to just say "Alexa, put the kettle on" next time I want a drink :happy:
Just need for them to get some back in stock somewhere!

Shopify-Product-Mono-3DWC3_600x.png

There has been a 270mm x 150mm chopping board on our shopping lists for weeks (our current one is discoloured and stained) but they don't appear to be available locally any more.

However, my wife found one today in Lotus's (Mr. D.I.Y.) but it was black! I've never come across a black cutting board but I thought, "It's ฿ึ72.00, so it's not going to break the bank".

Made in China, of course.

I have been wondering about the phrase "Sympathetic to Knives"?

Back
Top Bottom