What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

No more purchases for the kitchen. I need to get rid of some stuff, not buy more!
Yep, I know that feeling. My kitchen and equipment is taking over both the garage (deep freeze and soon to be 2nd fridge freezer, plus the picnic stuff and all the camping kitchen stuff) and the mudroom (you can tell I live on a farm! ). Its full of the monthly non-perishables along with the ice cube maker (yeah I know but we get through so many of them when the weather is even vaguely warm), the bread maker, the pasta machine, the dehydrator, the Kenwood chief, the magimix mini plus and probably the unused kitchenaid hand blender. (I may have missed something...) I guess the 3 composting bins will also count along with the store of the grain mix that goes into them, (it's a Japanese system that seems to work quiet well, Bokashi).

I need to have a serious think about what gets used, but the truth is that only the pasta machine and the kitchenaid stick blender don't see much use.

Ahh but it also costs around 8 times more to cook in the oven, than in a slow cooker...which considering the cost of electricity now is a good thing. Its also dishwasher safe, and whilst the Instant Pot doesn't have a deep fry option, it does have a pressure cook function instead :okay:

I can still use the stovetop/hob to slow cook in the DO. Plus, even though energy prices have gone up in Texas, due to high demand for our LNG from Europe (we don't import any natural gas in Texas, we export billions of cubic feet of it), it is still cheaper here because the cost of shipping it across the ocean isn't a factor.

But, the main reason I don't have a crock pot or InstantPot is because it would be redundant. I have three sizes of Dutch ovens, and don't need a pressure cooker -- and I have limited space to store kitchen stuff. Same reason I'm not looking to buy ANY kitchen stuff right now, unless something breaks and needs to be replaced.

CD

No more purchases for the kitchen. I need to get rid of some stuff, not buy more!

When was the last time you were actually in your own kitchen? Have you gone back to Venezuela since you left earlier in the year?

CD

When was the last time you were actually in your own kitchen? Have you gone back to Venezuela since you left earlier in the year?
Sad to say, last November. Ever since then, I´ve been in Cinci (wonderful kitchen), London (crummy little kitchen) and Kent (better than London, but worse than Cinci). It´s quite possible my kitchen in Caracas has collapsed or been overtaken by tropical spiders. :eek: :D :D

I thought about buying a fondue set, but when I think back to when I had one, I can count the number of times I used it on my fingers, and not run out of fingers.

CD

What blast from the past!!!
I remember when I was a kid of around 9 or 10 and my parents got one.
That was 47 years ago!!! I still remember putting the little chunks of meat on the skewer and putting them in the oil.
Now that I think about todays parents would probably freak out to have their kids that close to hot oil.

Oh my @karadekoolaid do you have someone who's looking out for your home in Venezuela?
Fortunately, yes. Someone who takes care of the house and the...

I have a whole wishlist😄😂...a citrus press,electric, we callnit citrussetta, , for the lack of a better name, a proper blender, a set of tea cups and saucers, a high quality baking pan, or a set, shelf dividers...gosh...what else, some more soreading knives...spoons...that will do😄🍀but can do without for as long as necessary🌠

I'm getting a new refrigerator tomorrow, but it won't cost me anything. It looks something like THIS. About 18 cubic foot. The old one is no good, & maintenance is replacing it. The gaskets are gone & lots of little bugs keep on getting into it during the summer! Gotta go!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Hahaha! He doesn´t. He stands by me in the kitchen when I´m prepping to see if anything falls on the floor...

Yeah...I've got two Boxers that do the same.
If I could get em to move around the Wife wouldnt have to mop the kitchen floor.

View attachment 91056
I'm getting a new refrigerator tomorrow, but it won't cost me anything. It looks something like THIS. About 18 cubic foot. The old one is no good, & maintenance is replacing it. The gaskets are gone & lots of little bugs keep on getting into it during the summer! Gotta go!! :whistling:

The fridge that they gave me was one smaller & shorter than the one that I had!! I was told that smaller ones are being given out to those that need one! This is ridiculous!! I'm so ticked off & offended by this!! 🤬

Back
Top Bottom