What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I've been considering buying a stainless steel skillet as I believe it will be more versatile than the non stick skillets I currently have. It's something I've been considering for a long time but haven't made any decision yet.

^^It’s a Breville. He says he researched it thoroughly before buying - he probably just didn’t tell me in advance because he knew I’d say we don’t have space for it!

He used it for pizza crust yesterday and loved it. He wants to try using my sourdough starter and making bread next.

Like THIS one? :whistling:

He used it for pizza crust yesterday and loved it. He wants to try using my sourdough starter and making bread next.

For me it would take all the pleasure out of making dough which I love to do by hand. Its tactile... but I can see it makes sense for those who have arthritic hands, for example.

My 'new' fridge freezer arrived at the weekend. Because of the state of our 'road' at the moment, we're letting it stand for several days before it is turned on. It's 4 months old and was hardly used at his old office (covid stuff still has most working from home, only requiring them in the office once a week).

The salad drawer is about half the size of the one in our existing fridge freezer though! The old one (6½ years old will go into the garage on bricks to stay above flood waters alongside the deep freezer also on bricks). In our old fridge freezer, the freezer section can be set to refrigerate and actually be a second fridge which will be useful through summer.

My 'new' fridge freezer arrived at the weekend. Because of the state of our 'road' at the moment, we're letting it stand for several days before it is turned on. It's 4 months old and was hardly used at his old office (covid stuff still has most working from home, only requiring them in the office once a week).

View attachment 91529

View attachment 91526
View attachment 91527

View attachment 91528

The salad drawer is about half the size of the one in our existing fridge freezer though! The old one (6½ years old will go into the garage on bricks to stay above flood waters alongside the deep freezer also on bricks). In our old fridge freezer, the freezer section can be set to refrigerate and actually be a second fridge which will be useful through summer.
I love looking at kitchen appliances, your fridge looks really nice!! 🤩

I love looking at kitchen appliances, your fridge looks really nice!! 🤩
Not bad for a freebie! We didn't have any plans to obtain a new fridge freezer, but it seemed a waste to reject something that was only 4 months old and free... and our existing machine has been making a noisy noise periodically ever since it moved house 4½ years ago and we were finding that it wasn't quite large enough to refrigerate everything that needs to be refrigerated in an Aussie summer (especially when you have chooks). So hubby said we'd have it when it was offered up free. All we had to do was to collect it before the lease was up on the old office.

I have just found out (from reading the handbook) that it will complain bitterly if the door is left open for more than 2 minutes. I can see that annoying us both! Lol.

Not bad for a freebie! We didn't have any plans to obtain a new fridge freezer, but it seemed a waste to reject something that was only 4 months old and free... and our existing machine has been making a noisy noise periodically ever since it moved house 4½ years ago and we were finding that it wasn't quite large enough to refrigerate everything that needs to be refrigerated in an Aussie summer (especially when you have chooks). So hubby said we'd have it when it was offered up free. All we had to do was to collect it before the lease was up on the old office.

I have just found out (from reading the handbook) that it will complain bitterly if the door is left open for more than 2 minutes. I can see that annoying us both! Lol.

Good idea to let a fridge sit unplugged for a bit before using, but a day should be enough. You just need to let the compressor oil settle.

My fridge also yells at me if I leave the door open too long, but I'm fine with that. Better than having my food go bad because I didn't get the door closed completely.

CD

Back
Top Bottom